- Entry level and experienced
Our vision is we aim to create a world where everybody belongs and everybody grows.
Our mission is to assist people to reach their potential through innovative and people-focused services.
Our values celebrate inclusiveness and opportunity. Our five core values are Accountability, Equity, Innovation, Integrity and Participant and young-people focused.
The role of a Mental Health Support Worker in Accommodation Services is to provide support to our clients with a disability who require assistance with personal care and daily tasks; with a strong focus on developing the skills of each individual to live as autonomously as possible within a shared living and one on one environment. Residents are supported each morning and afternoon, overnight and on weekends by experienced and qualified staff.
- Is passionate about supporting clients with Mental Health and advancing and empowering the lives of others.
- Is compassionate and demonstrates empathy.
- Is able to handle complex or challenging situations calmly and rationally.
Essential Selection Criteria
- Well developed and effective communication, numerical and interpersonal skills with the capability to engage and develop strong relationships with clients and others.
- Competent with Microsoft Office suite particularly MS Word and MS Outlook.
- Ability to prioritise and demonstrates problem solving skills.
- Flexibility with working hours including working in the evening and weekends as required.
- Certificate III or IV in Disability Support or equivalent.
- Demonstrated understanding in the National Disability Insurance Agency (NDIA) processes.
- Mental Health First Aid.
In addition to competitive pay rates the successful applicant will also have access to:
- Competitive rates + Salary Packaging options
- Flexible working hours and negotiated extra leave.
- Training and development opportunities.