- Full time fully flexible role (12-month contract)
- Good salary with positive team culture
- Opportunity to work with an outstanding small dynamic team
- Broad role with interesting projects and plenty of autonomy
Science for Wildlife have a clear mission to create knowledge and share it to empower wildlife conservation. Their aim is simple; to bridge the implementation gap between research and conservation, so the best possible wildlife science and technology is applied on the ground, where it counts. Their projects include working with the iconic koalas in the World Heritage Blue Mountains region.
This role is a result of an organisation scaling-up to tackle the critical issue of wildlife recovery from the catastrophic 2019/2020 bushfires in the Blue Mountains region. This truly is one of the most unique & broad roles we are confident you will not come across every day!
Reporting to the Executive Director you will use your excellent communications, project coordination and operations skills to help this small dynamic team deliver on wildlife conservation outcomes.
The role is multifaceted and includes communications and operations management components; ideally suited to someone looking to build on their strong communications and project management experience and work in a professional and ethical for-purpose organisation that is making a real difference in wildlife conservation.
You will be proactive with the ability to multi-task and have great communication and stakeholder management skills with a can-do attitude and be comfortable working in a start-up like environment that is dynamic and fast-paced.
- Project coordination including stakeholder management relating to new projects including development of an information sharing system, plus volunteer and citizen science management, working with research scientists with field work.
- Oversee the development of copy for marketing & communications including digital in collaboration with relevant team members and stakeholders.
- Communicate scientific/technical project information to different audiences across media platforms.
- Work with Fundraising and Engagement Officer to manage community outreach including events.
- Oversee the development of all internal and external media content including website pages, social media accounts and interviews/editorials.
- Process and manage accounts payable/accounts receivable using Xero Online and maintain budget forecasting;
- Create invoices and purchase orders;
- Manage project team to execute projects effectively and efficiently, including providing project progress status, delays and issues to the Executive Director
- Ensure delivery to the scope, budget and schedule for operations/projects.
YOUR SKILLS & ATTRIBUTES
- Degree in Communications/Media and/or Environmental Science highly regarded
- Extensive relevant experience in communications and media preferably in a science field; or an equivalent of relevant experience and qualifications.
- Good comprehension of the scientific process and ability to quickly pick up technical concepts/information
- Relevant experience in operations management including monitoring, budget preparation, and control and expenditure of allocated work projects;
- Experience supporting a team to use software packages
- High-level organisation, administrative, planning and time management skills;
- Demonstrated ability to adapt to changing circumstances, priorities, and responsibilities and maintain professionalism and flexibility;
- A strong work ethic and the ability to work independently under broad supervision to plan and co-ordinate workloads to achieve goals and meet deadlines;
- Ability to proactively establish and maintain collaborative relationships.
- Dynamic, solutions focussed and proactive with a genuine passion for the organisation.
The team are committed, passionate and driven to reach their goals, so that they can continue to grow and deliver evidence-based knowledge to empower much needed wildlife conservation.
If you possess the highest standards of professionalism and are passionate about using your communications and operations experience to make a real difference, we want to hear from you!