- Rare opening at an International Aid and Development Agency
- Salary packaging available
- Exciting opportunity to work in a supportive, innovative and results driven team
As the Community Fundraising Coordinator, it’s my role to support the development and implementation of Community Fundraising activities to contribute to the increased financial sustainability and brand recognition of Caritas Australia.
I am committed to:
- the mission of Caritas Australia in our quest to end poverty and injustice through the realisation of human dignity for all people
- the principles of Catholic Social Teaching which underpin our work, such as dignity of the human person and the common good
- our Code of Conduct which outlines the professional behaviour that is expected of me
- the safeguarding of children and vulnerable adults in line with laws, standards and Caritas Australia’s policies and procedures
In my role, I am accountable for:
- Supporting the planning and delivery of Community Fundraising activities that will deliver and grow income targets, donor base and brand awareness.
- Growing and nurturing relations with a diverse group of stakeholders, both internally and externally to develop a pipeline of community fundraisers to deliver on annual income targets.
- Respond to community fundraising enquiries including monitoring and communicating with new and existing fundraisers. Provide fundraisers with appropriate fundraising materials and support with online fundraising platforms.
- Leading the development of multi-channel supporter journeys and strategies to drive Community Fundraising initiatives to maximise audience engagement.
- Working in collaboration with cross agency teams to develop community fundraising content and collateral, and contribute to community fundraising marketing strategies.
- Overseeing and enhancing existing online fundraising platforms, working collaboratively and liaising with other teams to improve online fundraising results.
- Monitoring and reporting on the performance of community fundraising campaigns against targets and allocated budget using Salesforce CRM.
- Managing supplier relationships to ensure high quality, timely and cost-effective delivery of campaigns.
For this role I need these skills and experience:
- Proven experience executing Fundraising and/or Community Engagement initiatives ideally within the not-for-profit or association sector, or equivalent experience in Marketing, Events and/or Business Development.
- Experience delivering income generating events, managing logistics, budgets, collateral, guest services, travel coordination, venue liaison and supplier management along with other event related activities.
- Successful track record in overseeing and growing online fundraising, including a strong working knowledge of online fundraising platforms, CRMs and payment systems.
- Ability to manage multiple projects, perform under pressure and adhere to strict deadlines
- Professional communication skills, including the ability to build strong rapport with a wide range of stakeholders.
- High level attention to detail and self-motivated, always looking at making improvements while creating solutions to day-to day challenges
In my role, I will interact primarily with:
- Community Fundraising Manager – to keep informed on work in progress, receive advice, direction and feedback, and to escalate issues as required.
- Community Fundraising team – work closely with, to contribute to campaign planning, development and execution.
- Fundraising and Philanthropy teams – to collaborate, integrate and leverage messaging across Fundraising Campaigns.
- Community Engagement team – to collaborate, integrate and leverage Community Fundraising initiatives within their workflows, to deliver fundraising campaigns to individual supporters, parishes and schools across Australia.
- Supporter Services group – to collaborate on the development and continuous improvement of Community Fundraising processes, and to liaise on any supporter or donation matters arising from Community Fundraising activities.
- Data Insights Analyst – to collaborate on required data extracts, reports, and systems integration.
- Marketing and Communications team – work closely in partnership, utilising the skills and expertise of this team to develop and implement effective Community Fundraising campaigns.
- Corporate Services team – work closely to ensure appropriate business support of technology platforms and finance systems necessary for Community Fundraising activities.
- Third party suppliers – engage and manage various organisations to produce and deliver campaign materials, and grow supporter communications and community fundraising reach.
About Caritas Australia
Caritas Australia is the Catholic agency for international humanitarian relief and development in Australia. Through relationships with the Church, partners and communities in Africa, Asia, the Pacific and Australia, Caritas Australia helps to end poverty, promote justice and uphold dignity.
Our programs promote the good of every person regardless of their religious, political or cultural beliefs. We envisage a world in which children, women and men most vulnerable to extreme poverty and injustice are agents of their own change and architects of their own development.
Sound like you?
That’s a good sign! In return for your energy and ideas, we offer genuine flexible work/life balance.
We always support a safe, healthy, engaging and productive working environment for all employees and workers, whether that be in your home, an office or a combination of both.
We are a not-for-profit, so we offer a range of benefits. You can find more out here: www.caritas.org.au/about/careers/work-with-us.
Learn more about Caritas Australia, our work and how we’re making a difference at: www.caritas.org.au.
Our commitment to diversity
At Caritas Australia, we support an inclusive and diverse workforce. In particular we encourage Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander applicants for all advertised positions. We welcome people with different skills, and life experiences and encourage individuals from diverse backgrounds to apply.
Our commitment to safeguarding
At Caritas Australia, we recognise the personal dignity and rights of all people, especially children and vulnerable adults towards whom we have a special responsibility. If you are offered this position, you will be required to undergo relevant background checks, including police checks and reference checks. If the position requires a Working with Children Check or foreign police check, it is your responsibility to obtain one before starting work. You will also be required to sign our Code of Conduct which includes a section on Professional Behaviour Standards for the Protection of Children and Vulnerable Adults as well as to abide by our safeguarding policies.
Please submit your application including your cover letter and CV as soon as possible. We will be interviewing as applications come through, so please don’t delay in submitting yours. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
For further information regarding this opportunity, please contact the People and Culture team on email@example.com, using the subject line: Community Fundraising Coordinator enquiry via EthicalJobs.