- Part time - 68.4 hours per fortnight
- 12 month fixed term contract
- Based in Geelong
Bethany Community Support has been in operation for over 150 years. We support individuals within the community through a number of programs including those which:
- Support the education, wellbeing and safety of children
- Support women and children affected by family violence
- Promote accountability for men who choose to use violence
Introduction to role:
Bethany is excited to advertise for the role of Specialist Child and Family Practitioner located in the Barwon Orange Door. This position is fixed term for a period of 12 months and will be reporting to a Child and Family Team Leader. The core purpose of this role is to provide specialist intake responses to empower and promote the wellbeing, protection and safety of vulnerable children and families through assessment, referral and community connection and to work collaboratively with Hub practitioners to ensure an integrated service response and oversight of risk.
- Provide expert skills in screening, triage and assessment of child and family vulnerability
- Work closely with other Hub practitioners as part of an integrated service delivery team to undertake screening and initial assessments
- Use contemporary and evidence based approaches to identify family violence risk, child and family vulnerability drawing on specialist experience of working with vulnerable families
- Work collaboratively with Hub practitioners and the broader service sector to respond to families experiencing family violence and families presenting with multiple and complex needs
- A tertiary qualification in Human Services
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience
- Knowledge of BICM, MARAM and attachment / child development theories
- Demonstrates commitment to social justice and social inclusion.
- Leads a culture of respectful relationships and behaviour across the organisation.
What we offer:
- A diverse and inclusive environment
- Flexible working arrangements
- Employee Assistance Program
Bethany celebrates diversity and seeks to engage respectfully with people of diverse experiences and backgrounds.
In order to comply with mandatory Child Safety Standards, all employment is subject to a valid and current Police Check and Working with Children Check.
A position description is attached.