- Two Full-time (38 hours per week) Maximum-term roles (until 31 June 2021) (Part-time hours and Job share would be considered)
- Excellent Salary Packaging options
- Based in Toowoomba, QLD
Who we are
Australian Red Cross is part of the world's largest humanitarian organisation. Our aim is to improve the lives of the most vulnerable people in Australia and across our region.
About the role:
YHaRS aims to help reduce homelessness through the provision of support, brokerage and accommodation for young people who are: exiting or transitioning from Child Safety orders and/or are transitioning from a period of sentence or remand in Youth Detention Centre’s “sleeping rough”; and living in unstable or temporary housing.
Reporting to the Team Leader, the Case Manager will contribute to enabling operational goals and work plans for Toowoomba Youth Housing and Reintegration Service (YHaRS).
This position is responsible for adopting a case management approach that is planned, integrated and delivered in a coordinated way.
You will provide case management support to people either in their own home, in temporary living situations, in supported housing, in a community setting, or in a public space. Support provided to people in another providers’ centre based location is also included.
Service users will benefit from this role’s inclusive and person-centred approach whereby the client/consumer is at the centre of planning and delivery.
What you will bring:
- Significant experience of working with individuals and/or families with complex needs, in a community services’ organisation or similar setting
- Demonstrated knowledge of evidence based case management strategies and principles with proven experience in delivering case management services to people ‘at risk’ of and/or experiencing vulnerabilities
- Ability to minimise the risk which arises from crisis situations and exercise professional judgement based on ethical and legislative requirements
- Demonstrated experience in managing personal and professional boundaries
- Ability to perform all aspects of the role in a humanitarian and client focused way
- Ability to work directly with clients at risk of homelessness who have complex needs from a variety of cultural backgrounds, to achieve positive and sustainable outcomes
- Demonstrated experience in establishing strong and effective partnerships with community groups, service providers and other key stakeholders to develop responses to community issues and build on community strengths and resources
- Highly developed verbal and written communication skills
- Knowledge of and experience in working with Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander and Culturally and Linguistically Diverse people and communities
- Proficient in MS Office and client databases
- A Working with Children check is a mandatory requirement for the role
- Current and valid Australian driver’s licence
Be part of one of the largest humanitarian organisations and know that the work contributes to improving outcomes for vulnerable people. Red Cross offers generous salary packaging benefits and flexible working arrangements.
Position Description: Case Manager YHARS.pdf