- Maximum term (until 30 June 2020)
- Part-time role (30.4 hours per week)
- Based in Toowoomba, QLD
Who we are
Australian Red Cross is part of the world's largest humanitarian organisation. Our aim is to improve the lives of the most vulnerable people in Australia and across our region.
About the role
Our Homestay Service supports people at risk of homelessness. As a Case Manager you will provide case management support to people either in their own home, in temporary living situations, in supported housing, in a community setting, or in public space.
The role will use a ‘housing first’ approach and operate from a strengths based and capacity building framework and ensure that standards and principles that promote social inclusion, human rights, participation and client/consumer choice form part of their practice framework.
What you will bring:
- Significant experience of working with individuals and/or families with complex needs, in a community services’ organisation or similar setting
- Demonstrated knowledge of evidence based case management strategies and principles with proven experience in delivering case management services to people ‘at risk’ of and/or experiencing vulnerabilities
- Ability to minimise the risk which arises from crisis situations and exercise professional judgement based on ethical and legislative requirements
- Proven ability in establishing strong and effective partnerships with community groups, service providers and other key stakeholders to develop responses to community issues and build on community strengths and resources
- Knowledge of and experience in working with Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander and Culturally and Linguistically Diverse people and communities
- Degree or associate diploma qualifications in human services field combined with/or substantial skills, expertise and experience attained through employment, voluntary service and/or study
- Current and valid Australian drivers licence
- A Working with Children’s Check is a mandatory requirement for the role
Be part of one of the largest humanitarian organisations and know that the work contributes to improving outcomes for vulnerable people. Red Cross offers generous salary packaging benefits and flexible working arrangements.
For more information refer to the Position Description: Case Manager - Home Stay.pdf.