The Aboriginal Legal Service NSW/ACT Limited (ALS) is a public company limited by guarantee and registered charity. It is primarily funded by the Australian Government Attorney-General's department and managed by an Aboriginal Board and governed by the ALS Company. The Company consists of thirty Aboriginal people from NSW and ACT and Company members are elected for three-year terms and represent their community.
The Greater Sydney Aboriginal Tenancy Service (GSATS) is based in St Mary’s and its catchment area spans from Gosford to Helensburgh and west to the Blue Mountains.
The Tenancy Services Administration Officer is primarily responsible to:
- Provide general administrative services and support within the Tenancy Services office including but not limited to registering incoming and outgoing mail, archiving files
- Undertake reception duties, including answering telephones and forwarding/receiving communications, including the recording and maintaining of intake files for distribution to tenancy advocates
- Maintain the tenancy services files system and data entry as well as providing relevant forms to assist the Tenancy advocates to fulfil their roles
- Manage appointment diaries and oversight vehicle log books and bookings
The Tenancy Advocate is primarily responsible to:
- Provide support and community education to Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people with their tenancy matters
- Identify the advice, advocacy and community education needs of Aboriginal tenants and implement developed strategies to assist access to the Tenancy services
- Liaise with regional networks. other tenant related services and the Tenants Union to coordinate the delivery of Community Education services to tenants
- Assist and support tenants who are attending the NSW Civil and Administrative Tribunal (NCAT)
Job Benefits and Perks
- 10% superannuation
- 35 hour week
- RDO per month
- 20 days annual leave + loading
- Christmas leave paid
- 6 days Special leave
- Study leave
For all enquiries please contact Ms Susan Gibbs -Manager:
E: firstname.lastname@example.org, using the subject line: Administration Officer / Tenant Advocate - Greater Sydney Aboriginal Tenancy Service enquiry via EthicalJobs.
T: 02 9833 3314
This is an identified position under Section 14 (d) of the Anti-Discrimination Act, 1977.