Western Australian Family Violence Prevention Legal Service Aboriginal Corporation ICN 7333
Trading as the Aboriginal Family Legal Services (WA) aims to provide free, culturally secure, legal and support services to Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander victims and survivors of family violence and/or sexual assault
AFLS are seeking an experienced Administration Officer to work full-time at our office in corporate office in Rivervale, 8:30am – 4:30pm Monday- Friday.
Roles and Responsibilities Include:
- Provide reception and administration duties such as answering phones, mail, emails, stationery orders, stocking of AFLS brochures, meeting minutes and general client enquiries
- Support the Administrative Services Manager with the management of office resources, including handling, distribution and reconciliation of petty cash and maintenance of equipment and office facilities
- Maintain a central diary and calendar system.
- Ensure compliance with contractual and legislative requirements and maintain accurate records e.g. OSH reports, car log books and minutes of meetings
- Co-ordinate travel and training requirements for AFLS employees.
- Proactively provide clerical assistance to AFLS lawyers.
- Assist in day-to-day filing of documentation on request.
- 3 years + previous experience in an office environment, preferably in legal services
- Strong customer service skills
- Experience of managing client records through digital systems
- Experience with file and diary management
- Proven ability to handle multiple tasks at one given time.
- Excellent computer and literacy skills (both written and verbal).
- Tertiary Qualification in Business Administration or equivalent.
- Experience working for a not-for-profit organisation.
- Previous experience working with people who have been exposed to family violence.
- Prior experience using Microsoft Office 365 and Sharepoint.
- Current ‘C’ class WA Driver’s License
- Current Federal Police Clearance
- Working with Children’s Check
To apply, click "Apply Now" and follow the instructions.
Aboriginality is a genuine occupational qualification and is identified under Section 50(D) of the Equal Employment Opportunity Act. AFLS seeks to recruit an Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander into this position.