Are you one of the 70,000 people working in the disability sector? Would you like to be?
If so, you now have an opportunity to be part of a professional association of other disability workers and get access to some great benefits.
Launched late last year, National Disability Practitioners (NDP) is aimed at providing information, training opportunities and much needed recognition for disability sector workers.
Membership includes a host of benefits including;
- Information and communications about policy, education and upcoming events;
- Networking and engagement opportunities including the opportunity to nominate and vote for committee members and participate in focus groups and social media networkers;
- Professional development including member privileges at sector conferences, webinars and e-learning;
- And recognition as part of the National Employee Recognition day.
A professional association of this sort could not come at a better time for the disability sector. It’s currently one of the fastest growing parts of the Australian economy and the number of jobs is set double by 2020 thanks to the roll out National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS)!
According to NDP Executive Officer Wendy Cohen, the association will have a positive impact on both members and their clients:
“NDP aims to support the disability workforce, creating and maintaining standards of service delivery and enabling more skilled and knowledgeable staff to better meet the needs of people with disability.”
If you’re interested in becoming a member, head over to the NDP website now for more information.
What do you think of the new association? Do you think you’ll join? We’d love to hear from you in the comments below!
Other posts that may interest you:
- Great news for Tasmania: 1,500 new disability jobs in the next three years
- Three reasons why a disability job may be perfect for you