Why World Vision…
World Vision is a global community of millions, working together for one purpose: to change the lives of vulnerable children.
Our supporters, partners and staff join forces with communities on the ground to help children achieve good health, access education for life, experience the love of God and their neighbours and are cared for, protected and participating. Together we share proven, world-class development methods to bring food, water, education and economic change.
Our organisational culture reflects a "Partnership" of World Vision offices in nearly 100 countries and almost 37,000 staff working towards one vision: Our vision for every child, life in all its fullness. Our prayer for every heart, the will to make it so. World Vision has profound global impact reaching one person every 10 secs with clean water, and every 60 secs a family gets access to tools and support they need to get out of poverty.
In Australia, World Vision is an iconic brand and market leader in a sector that is renewing itself for the 21st century. Brand metrics are improving, staff engagement growing, donor satisfaction and delight is improving, and public advocacy has been significant and powerful in bringing change. The organisation is also undergoing significant digital renewal exploring and drawing upon a range of digital tools to refresh donor direct experiences of the powerful transformation work of World Vision.
The Opportunity to lead Changemakers…
The Head of Fragile & Very Low Developing Context role exits to clearly demonstrate a credible account of change with our field for our supporter segments.
On a day to day basis, the leader would be accountable for:
- Role modelling behaviours and actions that build a culture of trust - igniting the personal gifts and passions of self and others to become impact led and market informed.
- Actively seeking and creating opportunities for self and others, to effectively connect and collaborate across our enterprise, market and field to realise our full potential.
- Engaging and supporting the Fragile State global initiative and Child Sponsorship Funding Model (CSFM).
- Supporting WV Global working groups
- Supporting the WV Partnership activation for CAT III Global responses and focus on sustained humanitarian responses.
- Engaging with and via Global Disaster Management Team (DMT) and Fragile Context initiative to influence our work in Fragile contexts in Global Level meetings
- Championing our Fragile Context Programme Approach
- Be the external voice for the organisation with donors (DFAT, DIFD, EU, WFP, etc) and in multilateral platforms (AHP, Disaster Action Alliance (DAA), etc.)
- Providing leadership to WV Australia’s Fragile and Very Low Developing Contexts Team, and Programme Support.
- Managing programmes in fragile and Very Low developing contexts
- Leading humanitarian emergency responses, support acquisition of new funding for fragile and Very Low Developing contexts
- Actively contribute to the Field Impact leadership team in identifying ways to improve the team’s effectiveness to meet the needs of both our field offices and Impact Hub, while ensuring programme effectiveness and good stewardship
- Strengthen WVA engagement and influence with both the Programme Support Teams (PSTs) and Strategy Support Teams (SSTs) in WV Field Offices.
Who we are looking for…
- Experience in change management
- Experience in working in Fragile states - minimum 5+ years)
- Proven cross functional engagement
- Experience in agile methodology
- Experience in managing grant funded contracts and donor compliance
- Demonstrated understanding of humanitarian coordination mechanisms and donor landscape
- Demonstrated knowledge of International Response standards including CHS, Sphere, ICRC Code of Conduct
- Demonstrated knowledge of humanitarian principles, disaster management cycle, project cycle and relevant technical and accountability standards within the industry including EMS and DMS.
- Demonstrated understanding of humanitarian response process and standards (e.g. Sphere, Core Humanitarian Standards, etc.)
- Masters/degree in a relevant discipline – development studies, accounting, financial management, humanitarian assistance, or equivalent
- Deployment on short notice
- Executive Leadership Certification (Desirable)
What you need to know
This role is a permanent position operating in a full-time capacity and will be based at our head office in Burwood East, Victoria.
World Vision Australia takes our Safeguarding responsibilities seriously and we provide an environment that is safe for our child and adult beneficiaries. We have strong recruitment procedures to make sure the safest and most suitable people work with the children in our programs. We provide our staff and volunteers with ongoing supervision, support and training in their work with child and adult beneficiaries.
Why you should apply…
A career with World Vision is an opportunity to join a sector-leading humanitarian aid organisation. We believe that every staff member has been brought to World Vision for God’s purposes. Whether working from home, in an office, or with children and community members, we celebrate and embrace each staff member’s diverse background and talents – knowing that together, we can make a difference.
Aside from the opportunity for broad and life-changing impact in the lives of the world’s most vulnerable, some of our other benefits include:
- Access to professional development programs that include on-the-job learning, e-learning, workshops, forums, leadership development and internal mobility.
- Policies that may accommodate flexible working and other working arrangements to tailor and encourage individual performance.
- An opportunity to shape an already market leading organisation to achieve even greater impact
- A highly engaged team culture that is dynamic, growing in agility and pace, and committed to serve beyond the call of duty.
- A culture that encourages truth telling with grace that confronts challenges and issues to clear teams for success in a timely fashion
- Access to salary packaging tax advantages.