Why World Vision…
World Vision is a global community of millions, working together for one purpose: to change the lives of vulnerable children.
Our supporters, partners and staff join forces with communities on the ground to help children achieve good health, access education for life, experience the love of God and their neighbours and are cared for, protected and participating. Together we share proven, world-class development methods to bring food, water, education and economic change.
Our organisational culture reflects a "Partnership" of World Vision offices in nearly 100 countries and almost 37,000 staff working towards one vision: Our vision for every child, life in all its fullness. Our prayer for every heart, the will to make it so. World Vision has profound global impact reaching one person every 10 secs with clean water, and every 60 secs a family gets access to tools and support they need to get out of poverty.
In Australia, World Vision is an iconic brand and market leader in a sector that is renewing itself for the 21st century. Brand metrics are improving, staff engagement growing, donor satisfaction and delight is improving, and public advocacy has been significant and powerful in bringing change. The organisation is also undergoing significant digital renewal exploring and drawing upon a range of digital tools to refresh donor direct experiences of the powerful transformation work of World Vision.
The Opportunity to lead Changemakers…
The Head of Developing Context role exists to clearly demonstrate a credible account of change with our field for our supporter segments.
On a day to day basis, the leader would be accountable for:
- Role modelling behaviours and actions that build a culture of trust - igniting the personal gifts and passions of self and others to become impact led and market informed.
- Actively seeking and creating opportunities for self and others, to effectively connect and collaborate across our enterprise, market and field to realise our full potential.
- Engaging and supporting the Child Sponsorship Funding Model (CSFM) global initiative and transfer the learning and ideas into the team and the work we do in developing context.
- Supporting WV Global working groups.
- Engaging with and via Global Field Operations, to influence our work for the most vulnerable children in Global Level meetings.
- Championing our Learning through Evaluation with Accountability and Planning (LEAP) and Programme Approach.
- Ensuring our developing countries are contributing to the achievement of the sustainable development goals (SDG).
- Enabling strong collaboration between technical staff and Country Impact Managers to ensure current and future programs are supported with key evidence of impact frameworks.
- Be the voice with supporters and in multilateral platforms.
- Provide leadership to WVA Developing Contexts Team, strategic oversight, manage accountability systems and processes (e.g. PLMS), manage risk, and alignment of funding to all programs in developing contexts.
- Actively contribute to the Field Impact leadership team in identifying ways to improve the team’s effectiveness to meet the needs of both our field offices and Impact Hub, while ensuring programme effectiveness and good stewardship.
- Prioritising engagement with WVA Impact Hub to enable our developing country Field Offices to provide credible and timely evidence of impact and keep our supporter segments fully engaged.
- Ensure WVA accountability to meet strategy, program effectiveness, fiduciary and DFAT accreditation requirements.
- Strengthen WVA engagement and influence with the Programme Support Teams (PSTs) and Strategy Support Teams (SSTs) in WV Field Offices.
Who we are looking for…
- International and/or domestic experience in the development sector;
- An understanding of key issues and current best practices in the global fight against poverty and sustainable development;
- Demonstrate effective and collaborative cross functional engagement;
- Experience in agile methodology;
- Change management experience;
- Effective leadership of large teams;
- Minimum 5+ years’ experience in managing child sponsorship, private donor and/or grant-funded projects;
- Ability to develop and maintain strong relationships and engage with external stakeholders and partners;
- Experience in managing grant funded contracts and donor compliance;
- Masters/degree in a relevant discipline – development studies, financial management;
- Executive Leadership Certification (Desirable).
What you need to know
This role is a permanent position operating in a full-time capacity and will be based at our head office in Burwood East, Victoria.
World Vision Australia takes our Safeguarding responsibilities seriously and we provide an environment that is safe for our child and adult beneficiaries. We have strong recruitment procedures to make sure the safest and most suitable people work with the children in our programs. We provide our staff and volunteers with ongoing supervision, support and training in their work with child and adult beneficiaries.
Why you should apply…
A career with World Vision is an opportunity to join a sector-leading humanitarian aid organisation. We believe that every staff member has been brought to World Vision for God’s purposes. Whether working from home, in an office, or with children and community members, we celebrate and embrace each staff member’s diverse background and talents – knowing that together, we can make a difference.
Aside from the opportunity for broad and life-changing impact in the lives of the world’s most vulnerable, some of our other benefits include:
- Access to professional development programs that include on-the-job learning, e-learning, workshops, forums, leadership development and internal mobility.
- Policies that may accommodate flexible working and other working arrangements to tailor and encourage individual performance.
- An opportunity to shape an already market leading organisation to achieve even greater impact
- A highly engaged team culture that is dynamic, growing in agility and pace, and committed to serve beyond the call of duty.
- A culture that encourages truth telling with grace that confronts challenges and issues to clear teams for success in a timely fashion
- Access to salary packaging tax advantages.