As a member of the VicHealth team you will:
- Be inspired by the potential impact your work can have on the Victorian community
- Have exposure to employee wellbeing initiatives
- Work in a team where differences are valued, encouraged and supported
- Work in a supportive, flexible and purpose driven environment.
About the role
We currently have two ongoing, full time Project Officer positions available to work within our Programs Group.
These positions will primarily work on projects and programs within our Alcohol, Tobacco team and our Healthy Eating team. Find out more about the work we are doing in these areas here.
The Project Officer is expected to develop and nurture excellent relationships across program units and key external stakeholders, including staff in government departments and agencies.
- Contributing to scoping and design work in the development of key projects and programs
- Delivering project management tasks including, contract/grant-making and project management activities to established organisation-wide policies and procedures
- Coordinating responses to enquiries relating to project work
- Coordinating stakeholder activities/events related to delivery of project objectives and outcomes
As the successful candidate, you will be a problem solver who commits to the team’s objective.
You’ll listen, understand and adapt to your audience and have a strong ability convey ideas and information in a clear way.
You’re skilled in identifying gaps in information and you’ll share information and knowledge willingly.
Additional qualifications and experience:
- Relevant qualification at Advanced Diploma level and/or strong demonstrable experience working as a project officer
- Experience working within the public health, community or government sectors preferred
- Experience implementing and managing all facets of a project including resources, personnel, activities, vendors, timelines, deadlines, budgets and materials
- The ability to structure written communications effectively to achieve its purpose, convey ideas and information in a clear way, with a strong understanding of the information needs of target audiences
Unit: Programs Group
Tenure: Full Time, Ongoing
Full Time Equivalent: 1.0 FTE
Classification: VicHealth Grade C
Remuneration: $70,740 (plus superannuation and other benefits)