About Switchboard Victoria (Inc.)
Switchboard Victoria is a community-based, not for profit organisation that provides peer-based, volunteer driven support services for Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Trans and gender diverse, Intersex, Queer, Asexual and more (LGBTIQA+) people and their friends, families and allies.
In 2018 Switchboard Victoria’s governing board developed and launched our Strategic Plan 2018-2023 (see below). This new role of Program Manager arises as Switchboard continues to grow and pursue our Strategic Plan, by strengthening our internal and external programs, and planning future programs to meet the needs of our LGBTIQA+ communities. The position has operational, program development and strategic elements; an early focus is development of a business plan out of the Strategic Plan, addressing revenue development, partnership, stakeholder engagement and communications.
The Program Manager will work closely with the CEO and Program Coordinators to support the quality and sustainability of Switchboard’s current and future projects and programs, including ensuring that they are planned, implemented, administered and evaluated in line with Switchboard’s goals. They will have a specific focus on developing and implementing Switchboard membership engagement systems and programs, as a key focus of our Strategic Plan.
Key Selection Criteria
- Applicant must identify as part of the lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, gender diverse, Intersex, asexual communities (LGBTIQA) [Switchboard Victoria has an exemption under the Equal Employment]
- An understanding of the complex issues faced by the lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender and intersex (LGBTI) communities;
- Demonstrated understanding of and commitment to the values which underpin Switchboard and the capacity to support and participate in an organisational culture of reflection and continuous learning;
- Extensive experience in community-based service delivery;
- Demonstrable experience in program planning and evaluation;
- A high level of financial literacy;
- An understanding of current issues and future directions in the not-for-profit sector;
- Highly developed conceptual, strategic, analytical and problem-solving skills;
- Demonstrated capacity to negotiate and work constructively with funding bodies and other stakeholders; and to represent the organisation at external forums as needed;
- Highly developed oral and written communication skills, including public speaking and grant writing, and ability to gain co-operation from a range of stakeholders including volunteers, community members, colleagues, current and potential partner organisations and funders;
- Demonstrated capacity to balance the requirement for consultation and collaboration with timely decision-making and leadership;
- Excellent time-management skills and ability to manage multiple, complex demands within timelines;
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications.
- Experience with planning and administration of volunteer-delivered programs.
- Experience with managing customer relationship management platforms to support relationship management, communications, fundraising and events.
For more information about us go to our website, www.switchboard.org.au.
For role specific information, including a full list of role responsibilities please see the attachment below.