Overview of Smiling Mind
Smiling Mind is Australia's #1 mindfulness meditation provider reaching over 4 million people as well as 100,000 teachers and 2.9m young people through our schools’ program - but this is just the beginning.
We have an impact goal to reach 5m young people with mindfulness by 2021 - and you have the unique opportunity to help shape the future of young Australians. Working in this important research assistant role you will be helping us understand the impact of our programs and shaping the way we support our growing community of schools, teachers, parents and young people.
Purpose of the role
Smiling Mind is looking for an exceptional learning designer who will be responsible for shaping the vision, experience and impact we have through our programs for individuals, schools and workplaces. Working closely with our subject matter experts this role will play a key role in the evolution of our programs and resources - helping us positively impact across all our program areas.
This leadership role is integral to the core business of Smiling Mind – positive impact. We know the importance of learning design and this role will work closely with our research, product and subject matter experts to understand how we can evolve and improve our programs. You will play a vital role in ensuring our programs take the latest evidence and deliver learning experience that are engaging and meaningfully impactful for those who use them.
You will work closely with key internal stakeholders to design and implement new learning initiatives using a range of learning modalities including digital, in person and content led. You will be a strategic thinker who can consider all aspects of learning that will inspire attitude and behaviour change with the goal of creating a positive approach to mental health and wellbeing and support every mind to thrive.
Key areas of responsibility:
- Establish a learning design function within Smiling Mind that will ensure the highest quality learning experiences are designed and implemented.
- Establish a rigorous approach to program development, drawing on the latest evidence.
- Data trends in learning design behaviour change and mental health and wellbeing will be closely monitored and shared with the team
- Innovative learning design methodologies (including online and face to face experiences)
- Translation of the latest evidence into beautifully designed and engaging learning experiences
- Management of routine program Feedback and customer satisfaction
- Design and management of new learning initiatives
- Close collaboration with projects team to ensure new programs are delivered on time and on budget
- Management of key stakeholders including internal subject matter experts, and close collaboration with product, marketing, design and project management teams
- Leadership experience managing learning design and subject matter experts
- Demonstrated ability to implement and manage large learning design projects
- Demonstrated ability to facilitate cross disciplinary teams to ensure the highest standard of content is developed and products produced
- Demonstrated ability to bring a commercial or real world approach to the learning products developed
- Demonstrated ability to build and maintain strong working relationships with key collaborators, partners and project team
- Capability to lead the vision for learning experiences across a range of sectors, platforms and approaches including online, in person, with children, adolescents and adults and within schools and workplaces.
- A belief in mindfulness, its practice, and its benefits
- A postgraduate qualification in epidemiology, public health, social science, education, psychology or related field or relevant work experience
This role is for you:
- Have a “can do” personality: You’re biased toward action, a great collaborator and master disambiguator/ simplifier. You never stop pushing towards clarity and delivery
- Grittiness: You never hesitate to roll up your sleeves and tackle something hands-on, you persevere when others fall away
- Advocate for customer and experience
See attached Job Description for further information about the role.