Scope Global is a vibrant, purpose-driven business working throughout Australia, Asia and the Pacific. Our global team is united by our purpose: to enable people to positively change their world. We are committed to supporting positive social and economic change that makes lasting impact.
At Scope Global, you’ll join a diverse and inclusive team of specialists working across international development, education and inclusion programs. Working in a collaborative, flexible and connected environment, you’ll be supported to develop your expertise and reach your career goals.
About the opportunity
- Position reports to: Chief Operations Officer
- Location: Flexible – Head Office Adelaide or other strategic location
- Contract type: Full time, ongoing position
The Senior Manager, International Development is responsible for effectively leading the performance of the International Development portfolio of programs. In providing strategic direction, the Senior Manager will ensure the timely and cost-effective delivery of Scope Global’s International Development programs in accordance with required contractual standards and expectations, and lead business development activities to expand the portfolio.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Effective leadership of the International Development portfolio of programs, including personnel management, program delivery and business development activity
- Strategic planning and implementation
- Client management and stakeholder engagement
- Risk management – including critical incidents
- Financial management of the portfolio
- Oversight of program management and bid development cycles
- Relevant degree related to International Development, Project Management or Management with a minimum 5 years relevant experience in Program/Project Management;
- Strong leadership skills, including experience in managing and building high performance teams in program delivery and business development;
- Demonstrated experience working on Official Development Assistance (ODA) projects with international funding agencies. Experience with DFAT Australian Aid and the Asian Development Bank will be highly regarded;
- Demonstrated ability to produce professional program/project reporting documentation including experience in developing, monitoring, submitting and analysing budgets, financial documentation and program/project KPIs, including effectiveness and efficiency indicators;
- Demonstrated ability in developing, implementing and analysing strategies and plans;
- Experience in developing and maintaining risk management plans, manage risk / conflict / disaster issues and situations, evaluate complex issues, take advice and make sound business decisions;
- Proven experience in working with and ability to respect, manage, lead and support people from diverse cultural backgrounds and religious beliefs in a team environment and autonomously;
- Demonstrated ability in developing and managing strong and effective relationships with stakeholders including clients, colleagues and other relevant parties
- Experience in strategic planning at a senior management level.