About the business
Parkinson's Queensland Inc. (PQI) is the peak association for people living with Parkinson's in Queensland. It is a not for profit, community based organisation established in 1985. PQI provides research, information, awareness and support to people living with Parkinson's disease in Queensland. Our resources, such as our Information Line and our network of 34 Support Groups throughout Queensland have helped many individuals, their families and carers better manage living with Parkinson's disease. PQI also plays an advocacy role on behalf of the Parkinson's community and strives every day to increase community awareness about the disease through educational sessions and promotional events.
About the role
The position of Member Support Officer offers an exciting opportunity for a highly motivated individual to join our Member Service Team.
The Member Services Team is the primary point of contact ensuring all member needs are met, that stakeholders are linked in to the appropriate areas of our organisation and the public is connected to Parkinson's Queensland Inc. (PQI).
The Member Support Officer supports the Member Services Manager in the execution of PQl's membership activities to acquire new members and to retain current members embracing all aspects of our business relating to memberships, support groups and volunteers.
- Support the implementation of a membership strategy facilitating the development and growth of the Support Group network of the organisation;
- Respond promptly to enquiries concerning membership, volunteers and support groups;
- Ensure a high quality experience for members and prospective members through oversight and delivery of streamlined membership administration processes and procedures;
- Prepare membership recruitment materials, letters, brochures and other promotional materials;
- Maintain data integrity, ensuring all members, support groups, volunteers and all stakeholders is up to date and accurate at all times; Provide reports on all membership activities as required.
- Provide recommendations to improve data processes, data quality and integrity, reporting and system functionality
- Highly motivated with experience in membership development and stakeholder engagement;
- Competent in the use of Microsoft Office suite and the use of CRM for effective data and document management;
- Strong administration skills- excellent written and verbal communication, literacy and numeracy skills;
- Strong organisational and time management skills with the ability to multi-task and deliver on a variety of projects concurrently;
- Ability to establish and maintain strong relationships, both externally with members, donors and other stakeholders, and internally with all members of the team.
- Understanding of the issues and the ability to communicate sensitively with people living with a disability, including those from diverse communities and backgrounds;
- Tertiary qualifications will be well regarded;
- Previous experience working with Membership, volunteers, support groups or fundraising in a not for profit organisations will be advantageous;
- Current, Open, Queensland Driver's licence.
A position description is attached.