- Childcare - Diploma Qualified Room Leader (will consider working towards diploma)
- Immediate Start - Full time Permanent Role
- Wadeye - Northern Territory
Benefits to you:
- Truly rewarding experience living and working in a remote Indigenous community
- Free Housing
- Up to $54,997K plus super and $3.55 per hour additional allowance
- Free flights and bonus quarterly flights to Darwin are on offer
- Up to 6 weeks paid leave
About you: Childcare - Room Leader
An exciting opportunity for a Diploma Qualified Room Leader has become available to join our Wadeye Children’s Service Team based in Wadeye, Northern Territory.
We are looking for a Diploma Qualified Room Leader to join our team on a full-time permanent basis (we would consider a fixed term contract) in Wadeye, Northern Territory.
This truly is an excellent opportunity to develop and show case your skills, in a rewarding and challenging environment and to deepen your understanding of working with Aboriginal culture. You will be exposed to a unique and beautiful part of Australia whilst working with an enthusiastic, dedicated & motivated team.
One Tree Community Services is a not for profit organisation that supports community services and child care centres throughout Australia.
About Wadeye: NT
Wadeye Children's Service is situated in Wadeye, an Aboriginal community 450 kilometres outside of Darwin. This role is as much about providing learning experiences for the women in the community in their roles as parents and staff, as it is about the children.
- To provide specific, specialised support for a focus group of children or room at the service
- To add value to the service in a particular area of expertise such as the environment, curriculum, etc.
- To communicate effectively with children and families.
- To adhere to the services policies and procedures and work in accordance with all relevant regulations and the National Quality Framework.
- To assist in ensuring a safe and hygienic environment for children and staff.
- To reflect upon and improve your practice ensuring you are gaining knowledge and skills that will assist in providing quality services to children and families.
- To work as a part of a team, supporting and contributing to One Tree as a community in line with One Trees Philosophy and Code of Ethics
- Relevant qualifications in accordance with Education and Care Services National Regulations 2012. (Diploma Children's Services)
- Solid understanding of Early Years Learning Framework
- Demonstrated experience in the child care industry
- Sound communication skills, written and verbal
- Valid Working with Children Card (or ability to obtain one)
- If you require sponsorship you will need to have a minimum of 3 years’ experience at Room Leader Level
One Tree is an Equal Opportunity Employer supporting diversity in the workplace, Indigenous applicants are encouraged to apply.