We are seeking an organised, efficient and detail oriented Direct Marketing Officer with a natural talent for building and nurturing strong relationships and an ability to work with complicated sets of data to help create targeted campaigns and appeals.
You will work closely with our Fundraising, Campaigns and Operations teams to build our supporter base and encourage community engagement in our campaigns and activities, ensuring we are a powerful voice for nature in NSW.
Your key objectives will be to coordinate and implement clearly defined fundraising plans, including:
- individual giving fundraising campaigns/appeals
- recruitment, retention, cultivation, development and growth of our individual givers
- regular giving activities
- other direct marketing activities as directed
Nature Conservation Council of NSW and the environment groups we represent have been winning protections for nature in NSW for more than 60 years. We’ve been at the centre of many of the state’s iconic conservation battles and have notched up countless wins for nature and local communities.
Today, we work to clean up the state’s dirty electricity system, end unsustainable tree clearing on farms and in our forests, bring our rivers back to health, give marine life in our coastal waters the protection it deserves and provide leadership on fire policy, education and ecology.
You can find more information about our work as the voice for nature in NSW at www.nature.org.au.
About the position
In this role you will work closely with the:
- Development Director and Technical Operations Officer to help analyse the individual giving program and report on program effectiveness
- Core Fundraising team:
- on the individual giving fundraising appeals and campaigns
- to help create and implement robust donor stewardship programs with a view to increasing frequency and size of gifts
- to build and nurture long-term donor relationships with the aim of retaining and growing our donor base
- to coordinate on gift solicitation, asks and pitches to key donors
- Campaigns team to integrate fundraising activities with campaigns and enhance the fundraising potential of events
- Operations team to maintain and improve on data quality and to coordinate on donation processing requirements
Your key responsibilities will be to:
- Implement individual giving fundraising campaigns and activities, including telefundraising, regular giving and direct mail appeals.
- Build, manage and nurture effective relationships with internal and external stakeholders to ensure the effective delivery of our fundraising campaigns as planned, including effective donor acquisition.
- Ensure that our brand, key messages, approval and privacy policies are applied to all direct marketing activities.
- Implement communications and donor care plans for individual regular givers including contacting donors personally to provide donor care, communicating the lasting impact their gift has had on the organisation and seeking additional financial support for our campaigns.
- Maintain donor and prospect notes in the database ensuring this information is treated in a confidential manner and used appropriately.
- Assist with the development of instructions and procedures for direct marketing activities where required.
- Assist with the creation of annual budgets and plans for the Individual Giving Program and Annual Operations Plan.
You may be required to perform other duties as directed from time to time to suit organisational requirements and which are broadly consistent with your role.
We value diversity
NCC is an equal opportunity employer, we know our capacity to drive change is increased when our team has a diversity of backgrounds and experience. We are committed to building on the perspectives, talent, experience, knowledge and skills that diversity brings to our organisation.
We are committed to diversity and inclusion and strongly encourage people of all cultures, genders, abilities, and experiences to apply.
We encourage you to apply even if you do not meet all the criteria listed below. Please indicate how your skills, talents and experience may be applied to meet the objectives of this role.
Talent & Capabilities
- Communication: Excellent verbal and written communication and a talent for cultivating and developing relationships using your understanding of the target audience and feedback to refine communication and engage supporters.
- Integrity: Works effectively with a high degree of autonomy and accountability. Self-motivated and can demonstrate initiative. Takes responsibility for own actions and treats others with dignity and respect.
- Detail Oriented: Strong attention to detail and analytical aptitude. Ability to work with, manipulate and analyse complex data to help create targeted campaigns and appeals.
- Organised: Ability to plan effectively, organise the work of yourself, work effectively within a team, take direction and work to deadlines.
Skills & Experience
- Project Management skills:
- liaising with suppliers and stakeholders
- refining and updating project plans where objectives and actions are clearly defined
- managing (and/or escalating) risks and issues that arise to ensure project objectives are met
- Project Implementation experience:
- experience implementing direct marketing projects
- effective implementation to achieve project objectives
- coordination with other teams to meet objectives and actions by agreed timelines
- Data: Experience using ThankQ (or other databases & CRM’s) and other programs (e.g. Microsoft Excel) to segment, extract and sort data effectively and accurately, preferably for direct marketing campaigns.
Extra Points For
- Knowledge or understanding of the NSW environment movement and key issues.
- Tertiary qualifications in marketing, fundraising, customer relationship management or equivalent.
- Experience in a similar role in the not-for-profit sector or a consumer sales environment.