MOIRA provides a range of support services for people with disabilities, children, families, and youths in Melbourne and throughout Victoria.
MOIRA takes an innovative, person- and family-centred approach in providing targeted, outcomes-based services.
- Location - Scoresby
- Full Time - Fixed Term (10 months)
Duties will include:
- Help young people build independence and deliver high quality support services.
- Undertake tailored, person centred support planning to improve outcomes for young people in care services.
- Building trust and strong relationships with young people and their families as appropriate.
- Engage in assertive outreach to ensure appropriate support provision.
- Display an ongoing commitment to the development of collaborative relationships.
- Undertake individual assessment and respond to young people and their families needs.
- Demonstrate the skills and experience to work effectively and sensitively with clients who have diverse backgrounds, in crisis, including people with complex needs.
- Contribute to the delivery of high quality service to young people in housing crisis.
- On call / after duty hours may be required
Qualifications & experience:
- The successful candidate will have a tertiary qualification in human services, youth work, community services or other relevant disciplines, and a demonstrated understanding of Out of Home Care and Youth homelessness policy, context and systems.
- Direct capability in the delivery of services to young people
- Must have up to date First Aid and CPR.
- Attractive salary and packaging benefits
- Annual Leave Loading
- Great ongoing training and career development
- Staff Wellbeing Program
- First class working culture
- Growing organisation with career development opportunities
Please Note - should you be successful, you are required to undergo a:
- Criminal History Check (completed internally)
- Working With Children Check (at the candidate's expense)
- Proof of your eligibility to work in Australia (provide either - birth certificate, passport. VISA, etc)
Applications will be treated as strictly confidential. NO RECRUITMENT AGENCIES.
MOIRA is a child safe organisation which promotes the safety, participation and empowerment of children including those with a disability.
MOIRA is an equal employment opportunity employer who is committed to employing a diverse workforce. We welcome applications from Indigenous people, workers of all ages, people with disabilities and those from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds.
If you have any support or access requirements, we encourage you to advise us at time of application. We will then work with you to identify the best way to assist you through the recruitment process.
All personal information will be kept confidential in compliance with relevant privacy legislation.
A full position description is available below.