Who are we?
We’re people who care.
Lifestyle Solutions provides services to people with disability, young people and children in Out of Home Care, their families and communities.
We believe everyone is equal.
We stand for everyone in society having equal opportunity and equal respect.
We do this by providing our customers, their families and communities with access to quality services and dedicated people who make a real difference in their lives.
We believe this is everyone’s fundamental right.
An exciting and challenging permanent role exists for a Behaviour Support Consultant with an Occupational Therapy background to join our Clinical Services team in Newcastle.
- Develop person-centred, evidence-informed positive behaviour support plans in line with the person’s goals and the allocated hours in their NDIS plan
- Use a range of functional assessment tools to conduct physical and interpersonal assessments of people in a range of environments to develop treatment plans and rehabilitation programs
- Conduct respectful and responsive assessments that consider the diversity of a person’s culture
- Provide coaching and support to the families, carers and support workers who will be implementing behaviour support plans
- Coordinate formal plan review meetings
- Record and report accurately
- Commit to your professional development and continued learning, and actively engage in “reflection and support” and supervision sessions
We're looking for an APHRA registered Occupational Therapist with an interest and passion for providing positive behaviour support to people with a disability!
- Experience working with children, young people and adults who have a disability and present with complex challenging behaviours
- Demonstrated knowledge in the development and implementation of behavioural intervention strategies, risk management strategies and skills development plans
- Proven ability to work collaboratively as a valued member pf the clinical team
- Excellent communication and active listening skills to quickly build rapport with the people we support, their teams and your peers
- Previous experience using systems to collect data from a range of sources, and ensuring data is recorded and reported correctly
- Ability to remain calm and resilient in high pressure environments and meet the requirements of a billable model
- Ability to travel interstate if required
- Bachelor’s degree in Occupational Therapy
- APHRA registered
- Full unrestricted QLD driver licence
- First Aid certificate
- Working with Children Check
Why chose Lifestyle Solutions?
Working as part of the Lifestyle Solutions team, you will enjoy a friendly, flexible and supportive environment, within a highly reputable not for profit organisation. In return for your passion, talent and commitment you will be rewarded with a generous remuneration package in addition to:
- Car or car allowance
- Professional development and supervision allowance
- Salary packaging options
- Employee Recognition & Employee Assistance Program
- Flexible working arrangements
- Discounts with partner organisations including private health insurance, computer suppliers, tyre and auto, and travel discounts