Who we are
At Cancer Council Western Australia we believe that every day is an opportunity to beat cancer. We work with our community to reduce the incidence and impact of cancer. We do this through advocacy, research, education, and providing people affected by cancer with support to enhance their quality of life.
Tell me more
Based in Subiaco we are seeking an experienced Program Manager to lead the coordination and implementation of all aspects of our Aboriginal cancer education projects and Research funding program.
Reporting to the Cancer Prevention and Research Director and working with key external stakeholders you will be responsible for the strategy planning and implementation of the programs.
Your other main responsibilities include:
- Coordinate the implementation of the research funding program and Aboriginal projects operational strategies
- Program evaluation and reporting
- Maintaining effective working relationships with key stakeholders
- Provide accurate and timely advice to the CP&R Director on research funding matters
- Management of budget and resources
- Managing and developing staff
Who are you?
To be successful in this role you will have the following key attributes:
- A tertiary qualification in a health related profession (health promotion, public health, health science, behavioural/social science)
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in a public health related project coordination, advocacy and/or policy development role
- Demonstrated knowledge of research governance is desirable
- Experience in development of funding submissions, contract reporting and expenditure management
- Proven organisational skills with strong attention to detail
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills
- Demonstrated understanding of and commitment to the values of Cancer Council WA
- Actively foster the development of a culture consistent with the values of Cancer Council WA
- Positive approach to the workplace
Based in Subiaco, this position is part time (22.50 hours per week, days of work are flexible).
In this role you will enjoy:
- Working amongst leaders in public health and cancer prevention
- A collaborative and supportive team culture
- Benefits of not-for-profit salary packaging and a meal entertainment card.