- Lead the implementation of IWDA’s Research, Policy and Advocacy
- Part time (0.7 FTE), fixed term 6-month contract
- Based in Melbourne CBD
International Women’s Development Agency (IWDA) is the leading Australian agency entirely focussed on women’s rights and gender equality in the Asia Pacific region.
You will work alongside the other Research, Policy & Advocacy Advisor to provide analysis, advice and support across the organisation in relation to research and evidence in programming, communications and advocacy.
You will have:
- Relevant post-graduate qualifications in International Development, Gender Studies or related field or equivalent professional experience
- Demonstrated research experience including: scoping new research projects and collaborations; coordinating research projects or partnerships; collecting and analysing data; research communications, translating evidence into policy, practice and relevant products including tools, templates and guidance.
- Demonstrated understanding of feminist analysis and research methodologies
- Ability to write funding submissions, negotiate and manage research contracts, including with donors, institutions and individuals
- Considerable experience developing policy positions and planning advocacy initiatives, and proven ability to effectively advocate priorities and positions to a variety of stakeholders
- Financial and budget management experience including planning, forecasting and reporting
Offered as a part-time (0.7 FTE) fixed term 6 month contract. The annual salary is a SCHADS 5. In addition, attractive PBI/NFP packaging is available.
Any offer of employment will require a National Police Check and endorsement of IWDA’s Child Protection Code of Conduct.
International Women’s Development Agency (IWDA) has an EEO exemption (H112/2018) and requests applications from women only. IWDA encourages women from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds and women with disabilities to apply.