- Full time
- Sydney or Home Office
The International Fund for Animal Welfare (IFAW) is a global non-profit helping animals and people thrive together. We are experts and everyday people, working across seas, oceans and in more than 40 countries around the world. We rescue, rehabilitate and release animals; and we restore and protect their natural habitats. The problems we’re up against are urgent and complicated. To solve them, we match fresh thinking with bold action. We partner with local communities, governments, non-governmental organisations and businesses. Together, we pioneer new and innovative ways to help all species flourish.
Position Summary/ Objective
As part of the global major gifts fundraising team, the Strategic Relationships Manager will effectively identify and manage a major gift portfolio and major prospect solicitation pipeline in the Oceana Region. He/she will initiate and strengthen relationships with major and principal gift prospects and will successfully close gifts of 5 to 7 figures. The Manager will develop and implement moves management strategies to cultivate, solicit and close major and principal gifts.
Role and Responsibilities
- Manage and expand a portfolio of approximately 150 major & principal gift supporters and prospects; develop and implement strategic moves plans to cultivate, solicit and steward gifts of $10,000 to $1,000,000+.
- Seek meetings at the highest levels of philanthropic potential for IFAW senior leadership. Prepare senior leaders for compelling engagements with High Net-Worth Philanthropists.
- Support the CEO, Board Development Chair, Board members, Vice President for Global Development and senior level staff in all aspects of their engagement with ifaw’s donors and prospects.
- Develop a community of influential ifaw supporters in the region; identify Board prospects, and recruit members to join a growing Global Ambassador affinity group.
- Develop engagement opportunities for high-level prospects in the region, including salons, VIP dinners, global travel opportunities to visit ifaw project sites, and opportunities to meet senior ifaw field staff.
- Work with research staff, volunteers, and others to identify major and principal gift leads
- Represent ifaw in the region; developing relationships with individuals capable of furthering ifaw’s mission through philanthropy, expertise and network connections.
- Work with global major gifts team to execute cultivation and solicitation plans and achieve robust global revenue growth.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- Innovative, forward-thinking and entrepreneurial spirit essential.
- Proven networking and relationship building skills required.
- Minimum of five years major gifts experience with a proven track record of success with major gift cultivation and solicitation required.
- Highly detail oriented and self-motivated with excellent time management and fluency with standard office software.
- Superb written and oral communication skills.
- Experience in an environmental, conservation or animal welfare organization desirable.
- Flexibility and willingness to travel is expected
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive list of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities will change from time to time to meet the needs of the department and our company.