- Full time contract until June 2020 (possibility of extension)
- Attractive remuneration package with salary sacrifice available
- Flexible & supportive working culture
At 360 Health + Community (360) we place the client at the centre of our care where our multidisciplinary teams provide private and government funded primary health services from various locations across the Perth metro area and regional WA. Our services include:
- Psychological services and suicide prevention
- NDIS support coordination and therapy services
- Street Doctor
- Chronic Disease support
- Aged Care
- Aboriginal health
- headspace (youth mental health)
Our values are compassion, collaboration and integrity. We demonstrate these through positive, caring interactions with clients to deliver high quality services, being accountable to and working with each other.
An exciting opportunity is now available for a Aboriginal NDIS Transition Project Support Worker to work on a full time fixed term basis, across our Guildford site. The Aboriginal NTPW will support the team in working with Aboriginal stakeholders and their families. This role will be a key component of further developing culture awareness throughout the team.
Partners in Recovery has a specific focus around supporting the transition of people with Psychosocial Disability to the NDIS. The Aboriginal NDIS Transition Project Worker (ANTPW) works within the NDIS Engagement Team of the PIR program assisting identified stakeholders in the PCEM area who have significant contact with potential NDIS participants. These roles work under the guidance of the NDIS Engagement Leads and the NDIS Transition Team Leader to maintain effective working partnerships with key stakeholders and assist clients with a psychosocial disability to transition to the National Disability Insurance Scheme.
Essential Minimum Selection Criteria
- You must be of Aboriginal descent to be considered for this position as per section 50D of the Equal Employment Opportunity Act 1984.
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of Aboriginal culture and family structures and the ability to engage and build strong working relationships with a culturally and linguistically diverse range of clients and stakeholders
- Experience in successfully meeting key performance indicators in a business environment;
- Experience in developing and implementing collaborative stakeholder engagement activities;
- An understanding of mental health issues and / or experience working with people with severe mental illnesses and complex needs and their families;
- Strong communication, written and negotiation skills;
- Experience in building and maintaining effective relationships and partnerships with Clinical and Community Support Organisations;
- Ability to work with a variety of stakeholders including clients, carers, GPs and Clinical and Community Support Organisations
- Allied Health Degree and eligibility for registration with AASW/AHPRA/ACWA - Would be recognised highly
- Experience in assisting people with a chronic mental illness to access the NDIS.
- A detailed understanding of the NDIS application process.
- Experience working with culturally diverse groups, particularly Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders;
- Knowledge and awareness of access to Clinical and Community Support Organisations within the region;
- Knowledge of and/or experience working in the Community Based Recovery Model.
- Familiarity with primary health system
- Self-motivated with ability to display initiative
360 health + community offers an attractive salary package consisting of base salary, superannuation and salary packaging benefits.
360 Health + Community is an Equal Opportunity Employer who values and encourages diversity within its workforce