- Your chance to work for Australia’s leading empowerment and mentoring programs for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander girls
- Fixed Term Full Time Position
- Office located in West Perth WA
Who We Are:
Role Models and Leaders Australia (RMLA) has established Girls Academies in 43 high schools across WA, NT, NSW and QLD to support and encourage Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander girls in school. The Girls Academy focuses on increasing attendance, achievement, Year 12 completion and transition to post-school opportunities for young Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander girls. The organisation supports these girls with an intensive face-to-face mentoring and support program delivered through a network of school-based Academies. We are the largest provider of these services in Australia and currently more than 2,800 girls take part in the program each year with this number expected to rise by the end of 2019. RMLA is in an exciting growth phase and now is the time to join our team who are making a difference to the lives of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander girls and their communities!
About the Role:
The Grants Officer will play an integral role in the growth of RMLA. The position will work to secure funding for the organisation by writing grant proposals. This role will be full time, fixed term commencing as soon as possible until 31 December 2019 with possibility for extension. The office location is in West Perth, WA.
The position is accountable for:
- Preparing proposals and grant applications
- Researching, identifying, developing and responding to public and private grant opportunities
- Generating revenue for RMLA through timely submission of well-prepared grant proposals
- Identifying funding opportunities and new program areas
The successful applicant will have:
- A passion to make a difference to the lives of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander girls
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including writing creative proposals and reports for an external audience.
- Strong interpersonal skills, including a demonstrated ability to build effective relationships and work productively with a diverse range of internal and external stakeholders
- Be able to work effectively under pressure and prioritise multiple deadlines
- Previous experience using independent judgement and producing quality work within tight time constraints
- Previous experience in securing new funding opportunities
- Previous experience in working for a Not for Profit is desirable
- Current Police Clearance (not older than 3 months) or willing to obtain
Please refer to the position description attached for further role information.
What RMLA offer:
- Competitive remuneration package
- PBI full salary packaging opportunity - up to $15,900 FBT per annum
- The opportunity to be a part of a growing organisation that has a positive impact in the lives of students, their families and communities