The Operations Manager reports to the Director of Sustainability and is responsible for managing Federation Member related transactional services, the internal operations of the Federation and provides support to the Director of Sustainability. This position currently has one direct report and will be responsible for a small growing team. This is a newly created position at the Federation.
Key Selection Criteria
Essential Skills and Experience
- Strong interpersonal, relationship building and networking skills including the ability to communicate sensitively and build effective relationships.
- Demonstrated experience in managing a small staff team.
- Demonstrated project management experience and skills, including the ability to plan, prioritise and meet all project outcomes.
- Knowledge and experience in managing or supporting the effective management of operations of an organisation including IT, Human Resources and Finance.
- Demonstrated high level facilitation and negotiation skills.
- Excellent time management skills including ability to meet deadlines and manage constant changing priorities in a very fast paced environment.
- Advanced computer skills including proficiency in the use of MS Office packages and experience using databases.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrated flexibility and ability to work independently.
- Experience working in a small fast-paced organisation.
- Experience in a member-based organisation.
- Current Victorian driver’s license.
- Experience with Nationbuilder.
Please see the attached position description for more details.