- Values based organisation
- Work as part of a dedicated team
- Generous Salary Packaging options
Diversitat is a highly respected community organisation with over 40 years of service to the Geelong and surrounding areas. We are passionate about our work and promote inclusion and equity for all.
- Responsible for support and mentoring a cohort of disadvantaged people (aged 17- 64 years) from a range of backgrounds;
- Assist them to enrol in at least one Skills First funded accredited VET training program;
- Also provide assistance to address any other unmet needs.
Working as part of a dedicated team you will:
- Organise student support services and activities to enhance student’s participation and pathways to education, training and employment;
- Collaborate with support services to ensure the participants receive holistic support;
- Provide person centred strengths based case management to participants;
- Assess and identify students’ educational and support needs and barriers to employment.
To excel in this role you will have:
- Formal qualifications and at least 3 years’ experience, within the past 5 years, in Youth Work, Education and Training or Community Services;
- Experience working with and mentoring people from a range of backgrounds who are disengaged and disadvantaged;
- Experience working with people from CALD backgrounds;
- Demonstrated understanding of the issues disengaged and disadvantaged people face in relation to education and training, employment and community participation.
As a values based organisation, we walk the talk. Diversitat is driven by its vision statement which is to empower individuals to reach their full potential. This is true for our clients and our employees. We are an inclusive and supportive organisation who values our staff.
- Genuine work life balance;
- Work and live in the Geelong region;
- Generous salary packaging options.
This is a Full Time Maximum Term Contract until December 2020.
A copy of an updated Position Description is attached below.
For further information relating to Diversitat please refer to our website www.diversitat.org.au.