Carers NSW is the peak body for carers in NSW. We are a not-for-profit organisation connecting and empowering carers across NSW and improving their quality of life through activities, programs, training and policy advice.
As the Project Coordinator of the Carers and Employers network, you will champion better employment outcomes for carers in NSW. This will be achieved in a variety of ways including but not limited to; liaising with employers and relevant stakeholders to drive carer recognition in the workplace, organise face to face and online network events, deliver presentations to various stakeholders to create awareness of carers and promote their needs and preparing resources and collateral to advocate for carers in the workplace.
The successful applicant will possess:
- Tertiary qualifications in management, business or a related field.
- Understanding of employment related legislation, initiatives and trends
- Certificate IV in Assessment and Workplace Training or TAE Cert IV Training and Assessment (or working towards), with demonstrated presenting experience
- Demonstrated ability to manage, facilitate, promote and evaluate projects and events including facilitation within the corporate sector
- Demonstrated capacity to provide high quality support, information and advocacy
- Proven ability to build relationships and network with stakeholders, organisations and employment networks
- Strong time management and task prioritising skills, including proven organisational and administrative skills to manage tasks such as registrations, memberships, events, and financial aspects of a project
- High level written, oral communication and computer skills
- Ability to work autonomously
- Strong research and analytical skills
- Ability to work flexible hours and travel within NSW and interstate (current valid driver’s licence).