- Engage with priority communities and assist in increasing knowledge of cancer screening
- Be a key part of Australia’s most trusted cancer ‘Not for Profit’ organisation
- Full time fixed term position until 31 December 2020 – St Kilda Road, Melbourne
About your environment
Since our establishment in 1936, Cancer Council Victoria has developed an international reputation for our innovative work in cancer research, prevention and support. As an independent, not-for-profit organisation, we play a leading role in reducing the impact of all cancers on all people.
The Prevention Division aims to prevent cancer for all Victorians. This is done through community interventions, mass media, advocacy, training and providing policy advice based on the best available evidence. This involves action to affect individual behaviours and the broader physical and legislative environment to reduce cancer risk. We prioritise health inequalities, especially in relation to Aboriginal people, and in culturally diverse and socio-economically disadvantaged communities.
About your opportunity
We are seeking a Community Engagement Officer to join the Prevention Division. Reporting to the Community Engagement Coordinator, your role is to:
- Support the delivery and evaluation of cancer screening, hepatitis and HPV immunisation initiatives targeting priority population groups
- Deliver training and presentations to community groups, managing stakeholder relationships, organising and representing Cancer Council Victoria at community events, organising and facilitating focus groups and peer education sessions
- Run focus groups and support implementation of appropriate evaluation measures for community projects, initiatives and research opportunities
All about you
We are looking for someone with:
- Demonstrated experience working with priority population groups (e.g. culturally and linguistically diverse populations, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders, people with disabilities)
- Demonstrated experience delivering presentations and communicating with community members and stakeholders
- Sound relationship management and verbal communication skills including the ability to develop and maintain strong collaborative partnerships with individuals and organisations.
- Strong organisation and project coordination skills
What we can offer you