- Hobart - Family and Community Services
- Permanent Part-time (3 days per week)
- Not-for-profit salary packaging
- Career development opportunities
- Tasmania Island Lifestyle Change
- Supportive team environment
About the Organisation:
Baptcare is a purpose driven and faith-based organisation working across Victoria, Tasmania and South Australia, providing residential and community care for older people and support to children, families, and people with disability, financially disadvantaged people and people seeking asylum.
About the Role:
Baptcare has a professional spiritual care team of over 27 staff working across Aged Care, Family, Community and Disability Services. We are looking for an experienced, articulate and highly competent Chaplain/Spiritual Care Professional to work as part of the site team in Southern Tas Family, Community and Disability Services based at our Moonah (Hobart) Office.
- Initial and subsequent appraisals of the religious, pastoral and spiritual wellbeing of a person and/or family.
- Support and spiritual guidance to individuals including establishing supportive relationships, visiting people in their homes and community.
- Education and leadership in the training, development and support of staff in spiritual care and missional principles and practice.
- Liaison and relationship building with faith communities and relevant community groups, as well as community education and development.
Skills & Experience:
- Minimum 2 years' experience in providing innovative and inclusive spiritual care across traditional boundaries within the wider community.
- Experience in administrative duties including - data collection, reporting on outcomes, and current competency in standard office IT applications.
- Experience in social work or community development is desirable.
- Spiritual and theological maturity and open-mindedness.
- Demonstrated excellence in working sensitively in a culturally and religiously diverse context.
- Excellent written and oral communication, and the capacity to explain the practice and possibilities of spiritual care to a wide range of people.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently with minimum supervision, as well as part of a team.
- Certified Membership of Spiritual Care Australia will be highly regarded