- Abbey Gardens Community, Warragul
- Permanent Part Time (4 days per week/ 0.8 FTE )
- Mission & Values focused organisation in a supportive team environment
- Not-for-profit Salary Packaging benefits
- Career development opportunities
About the Organisation:
Baptcare is a purpose driven and faith-based organisation working across Victoria, Tasmania and South Australia, providing residential and community care for older people and support to children, families, and people with disability, financially disadvantaged people and people seeking asylum.
About the Role:
Baptcare has a professional spiritual care team of over 27 staff working across Aged Care, Family, Community and Disability Services. We are looking for an experienced, articulate and highly competent Chaplain/Spiritual Care Professional to work as part of the Abbey Gardens Community Residential Aged Care Facility, Warragul, VIC. There may be an opportunity to extend the time fraction of this role as the community grows in the coming few years.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Initial and subsequent appraisals of the relational and spiritual wellbeing of a person or family
- The provision of pastoral and spiritual support to individuals which may include establishing a relationship and practical support and/or advocacy
- Informal ritual and spiritual wellbeing activities for individuals or small groups, plus more formal expressions of public worship. This may include private prayer and devotion, personal/family recognition and blessing services, dedications and other rituals with people of all faiths and none.
- Access and distribute resources and technology that can directly intervene in the emotional, attitudinal and behavioural practice of individuals and groups to aid their faith based and/or spiritual response, for example, family relationships, bereavement, grief and mourning. Includes networking and referrals to local faith communities.
- Local documentation and data collection as required.
- Development and supervision of volunteer Pastoral Visitors using the Baptcare Pastoral Visitors training program and other resources.
- Strong liaison and relationship building with local Baptist churches, leadership and volunteer coordinators
- Support pastoral care students on placement as required
Skills and Experience:
- Minimum 2 years' experience in providing pastoral/spiritual care to older people in a community or aged care context.
- Experience in successfully managing/supervising volunteers
- Experience and skills in administrative duties including data collection and reporting on outcomes
- Experience in effective leadership in a faith community or organisational context.
- Understanding of a range of religious and spiritual traditions
- Demonstrated ability to work sensitively in a culturally diverse environment
- Spiritual and theological maturity, flexibility and open-mindedness
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, including the capacity to explain the meaning and relevance of pastoral and spiritual care to people from varied backgrounds
- Demonstrated ability to work independently with minimum supervision, as well as being a strong team player. This role reports to both the local Manager and Chaplain Team Leader.
- Competent in Microsoft Outlook, Word and general computer literacy.
- Current Certified Membership of Spiritual Care Australia will be highly regarded.
People enjoy working with us because we are values-driven and whole person focused organisation that cares about the community. We also have a strong commitment to staff wellbeing and development.