- Residential Aged Care Community - East Doncaster
- 0.6 FTE (3 days/week) Part -Time
About the Organisation:
Baptcare is a purpose driven organisation focused on delivering the best of care to people of all ages, cultures, beliefs and circumstances. Through our social enterprise model, we deliver better outcomes for more than 13,000 people in our community, combining the best commercial practice with a social heart.
Baptcare has more than 3,000 dedicated staff across Victoria, South Australia and Tasmania to deliver the best of care to people in Residential Aged Care, Retirement Living, In Home Care, Family and Children Services, Affordable Housing and Disability Services.
About the Role:
Baptcare has a professional spiritual care team of 28 Chaplains / Spiritual Care & Wellbeing Coordinators and over 70 trained pastoral care volunteers working in residential and in home services. The Orchards Community is a 150 bed Residential Aged Care (RAC) facility in East Doncaster. We are looking for an experienced, articulate and competent Chaplain/Spiritual Care Professional to work as part of the Spiritual Care staff team at this site. Tasks include:
- Initial and subsequent appraisals of the religious, pastoral and spiritual wellbeing of a person and/or family.
- The provision of support and spiritual guidance to individuals which may include establishing a relationship and practical support and/or advocacy, death, end of life and bereavement support.
- Informal ritual and worship activities for individuals or small groups, plus more formal expressions of public worship and ritual.
- Education tasks including the training and development of staff and volunteer Pastoral Visitors in spiritual care principles and practice.
- Strong liaison and relationship building with local churches and other and faith communities especially in the training and support of pastoral care visitors and community events.
Skills and Experience:
- Tertiary theological qualification and Clinical Pastoral Education (min 2 units) or equivalent.
- Minimum 2 years' experience in providing pastoral/spiritual care to people in a community context.
- Experience in successfully training/managing/supervising volunteers.
- Experience and skills in administrative duties including data collection and reporting on outcomes.
- Experience in effective leadership within a mainstream Christian faith community and community development leadership or experience would be desirable.
- Spiritual and theological maturity, open-mindedness and an understanding of a range of religious and spiritual traditions.
- Demonstrated ability to work sensitively in a culturally diverse environment.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, including the capacity to explain the practice and possibilities of pastoral and spiritual care to people from varied backgrounds.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently with minimum supervision, as well as part of a team.
- Competent in Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel and other office software.
- Certified Membership of Spiritual Care Australia will be highly regarded.
People enjoy working with us because we are a values-driven and whole person focused organization that cares about the community. This strong awareness of, and wholehearted commitment to Baptcare's mission, vision and values is essential and further information regarding this can be accessed from the Baptcare website.
- Not for profit salary packaging available.
- Supervision and professional development sponsorship.