Adult Learning Australia is seeking a skilled, experienced and self-motivated individual with business acumen and the ability to manage and oversee multiple tasks simultaneously and to give high attention to detail.
This is a great opportunity for an experienced individual who can work in a fast-paced community environment to help generate new and sustainable business opportunities for ALA and its newly formed Foundation.
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate a successful track record in:
- Negotiating and influencing business outcomes
- Identifying new markets and emerging trends
- Developing a suite of appropriate funding opportunities
- Recommending new products and services
- Cultivating new strategic partnerships.
Main duties and responsibilities
- Analysing and identifying opportunities within existing revenue streams
- Identifying new business opportunities
- Building strategic networks and relationships
- Evaluating and developing new membership opportunities
- Providing recommendations and strategies to achieve revenue goals
- Identifying and winning new business, in conjunction with the senior management team
Other knowledge and skills
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills
- Proven marketing experience
- Excellent collaboration skills
- Strong negotiation and persuasion skills (both written and verbal)
- Strong research and strategic analysis skills
- Mature, flexible, honest and reliable attitude
- Knowledge and experience with proposal writing and institutional donors
Qualifications and experience
- Minimum of two years’ experience within the business development field
- Previous experience with non-profit fundraising/marketing
Terms and conditions of employment are based on the Education Services (Post-Secondary Education) Award 2010 and National Employment Standards (NES).
A full position description is available below.