Working as part of a small, but growing team you will be responsible for the Coordination of the recruitment, and delivery training, assessment and support services for foster carers and kinship carers as well as providing placement planning and matching for children and young people in care.
This role will involve:
- Coordination of foster care recruitment activities, developing strategies that provide prompt and informed responses to carer enquires
- Coordinate and undertake Carer reviews, including the creation of Carer development plans
- Coordinate and deliver introductory and ongoing training for Carers
- Coach, advise and provide on the job support to the team members to better understand and apply strengths-based frameworks as related to foster and kinship carers
A successful candidate will be able to work as part of a supportive team, but independently and with autonomy. If you don’t have step by step training that’s okay, as long as you have the willingness to learn and undertake the training provided by the organisation.
The requirements for this role include;
- Degree in Social Work, psychology or other relevant qualifications (candidates with the right experience working toward a degree will be considered)
- Minimum 3 years’ experience working with children and/or families in a child protection focused role
- Good understanding of child protection issues and client vulnerabilities such as drug and alcohol use, domestic violence, mental health issues and the impact of trauma
- Good written and verbal communication skills, including report writing skills
- Strong relationship building skills with the ability to create strong working relationships with internal and external stakeholder.
- Understanding of the needs of diverse communities i.e. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander, CALD and LGBTI
This role is located in Orange but covers a large geographical areas from Lithgow as far as Dubbo (however, travel to Dubbo is not often required). Due to the size of the region the organisation is flexible with working arrangement.