- Do you have a very sound knowledge of the aged care sector and current Government policy?
- Full time ongoing opportunity based in Barton
- Attractive salary packaging options available
Dementia Australia is the new voice of Alzheimer’s Australia, and the peak body representing the interests of people living with dementia, their families and carers.
We are currently seeking a highly motivated Policy Advisor to join our Consumer Engagement, Policy and Research team. This role will fulfil on key strategic policy initiatives and contribute to the advocacy undertaken by Dementia Australia.
You will be responsible for:
- Actively driving or contributing to policy development across the organisation.
- Producing a range of submissions, policy papers, reports, presentations and speeches.
- Participating in the development and implementation of project initiatives as they relate to national policy.
- Developing collaborative partnerships and information dissemination to support policy objectives.
- Representing the organisation at public forums, policy networks and other stakeholder forums.
- Actively contributing to the increase of funding and the development of new business through the identification and completion of strategically significant tender submissions.
Key Selection Criteria:
- Strong experience in dementia, consumer advocacy and health, aged care and/or disability policy.
- Demonstrated development of policy and project material including policy position material, governance reports, project management.
- Ability to liaise effectively with consumers and other stakeholders.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills including the ability to write submissions, reports and resource material.
- Well-developed administrative and organisational skills, including the ability to prioritise and manage work efficiently and accurately.
Ideally, you will have a public health policy background combined with practical experience in building the capacity of consumers, elevating the consumer voice and professionally networking with a diverse range of key Government and community stakeholders.
This is truly an exceptional opportunity for the right individual to make their mark in a progressive peak body.
Interviews will be held the week commencing April 8, 2019