Working It Out is a unique, specialist service for Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender, gender non-binary and Intersex people (LGBTI) and their families across Tasmania. We have a 20-year history of engagement with a range of government, education and community service organisations to ensure an inclusive service is delivered to LGBTI Tasmanians and their friends and families.
Working across the north and north west of Tasmania, this role will:
- Provide 1:1 support to LGBTI individuals and their families/support networks in relation to gender, sexuality and or intersex status
- Facilitate peer support groups for those negotiating their gender, sexuality and or intersex status and for their friends and family.
- Create and maintain relationships with community-based networks, agencies and service providers to increase community capacity and safety for LGBTI individuals and their family and friends.
- Provide resources, advocacy and referral to appropriate service providers and support networks.
- Assist with LGBTI inclusion, training and professional learning.