- Are you looking to develop and progress in your career as a Social Care Worker?
- Do you want to work within a multidisciplinary team?
- Are you interested in working in the tropical climate of the Northern Territory?
Rural Workforce Agency Northern Territory (RWA NT) are partnering with Sunrise Health Service Aboriginal Corporation (SHS) to find a Maternal Early Childhood Sustained Home-Visiting (MECSH) Social Care Worker to add their dedicated Katherine based team. SHS provides comprehensive primary health care services through 9 remote health centres to the 3700 people living in the Katherine East region. You will be providing support, advice and education to nurses and families within the MECSH program.
This unique opportunity is in the town of Katherine which is approximately 300km south of Darwin. Katherine is a well-equipped regional town with a shopping centre that features a supermarket and many specialty shops. Katherine is on the edge of Kakadu National Park which is filled with some of the world's best waterfalls and bush walks. And Katherine itself is a region full of gorges and misty waterfalls, hot springs and ancient cultures.
Key Responsibilities, but not limited to:
- Provide evidence-based culturally appropriate interventions on individual, group and family levels to MECSH participants and their families
- Demonstrate a high standard of professional practice and leadership that incorporates best practice, education and research
- Provide psychosocial support and brief intervention for families
- Provide functional support to mothers through pregnancy and early childhood to ensure a positive transition to parenting
- Provide leadership in coordinating and implementing quality improvement activities
To be considered for this opportunity, you must meet the below essential criteria:
- Degree in Social Work or eligibility for membership of the Australian Association of Social Workers (AASW)
- Understanding of issues affecting Aboriginal health, principles of primary health care and relevant legislation governing work practice
- Ability to communicate and work effectively with Aboriginal people and/or in a cross-cultural setting
- Demonstrated ability to work autonomously, demonstrating efficient time management skills
- Commitment to undertake professional development and complete training requirements to work within the MECSH program
What's in it for you?
- Education support grants and relocation support may be available for eligible candidates
- Professional development opportunities
- A competitive salary and employment package is on offer dependant on experience
- Rewarding and positive work environment
Check out our Careers Page on LinkedIn!