- Are you looking to develop and progress in your career as a Dental Practitioner?
- Do you want to be part of a team that empowers people to take responsibility for their health?
- Are you interested in working in the tropical climate of the Northern Territory?
Rural Workforce Agency Northern Territory (RAW NT) are partnering with Wurli-Wurlinjang Health Service to find a Dental Practitioner to add their dedicated Katherine based team. This Aboriginal Community Controlled Organisation specialises in the delivery of primary and clinical health care services to the Aboriginal people in Katherine and surrounded communities. Wurli operates a range of clinics and provides a range of services you would be responsible for providing high level comprehensive oral health care services according to the needs of the client.
This unique opportunity is in the town of Katherine which is approximately 300km south of Darwin. Katherine is a well-equipped regional town with a shopping centre that features a supermarket and many specialty shops. Katherine is on the edge of Kakadu National Park which is filled with some of the world's best waterfalls and bush walks. And Katherine itself is a region full of gorges and misty waterfalls, hot springs and ancient cultures.
Key Responsibilities, but not limited to:
- To establish and manage a primary oral health care clinic at Wurli.
- To provide high quality comprehensive clinical services across the lifespan to primarily ATSI clients. This will include competence in acute and more complex clinical cases such as clients with multiple co-morbidities.
- To plan, manage, evaluate and report on oral health services.
- To provide high level clinical advice to the Senior Medical Officer and Clinical Leadership Team.
- To provide clinical leadership in oral health services. This to include the supervision, support and professional development of a dental assistant.
To be considered for this opportunity, you must meet the below essential criteria:
- Degree in Dentistry registered with the Dental Board of Australia (DBA) in the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA).
- General Registration as Dentist with DBA.
- National Police Records Check and Working with Children's Clearance.
- Current Northern Territory Driver's License.
What's in it for you?
- Lead, drive and establish an oral health clinic.
- Education support grants and relocation support may be available for eligible candidates.
- Professional development opportunities.
- A competitive salary package is on offer dependant on experience.
- Rewarding and positive work environment.
If you are a Dental Practitioner looking for a change of scenery and seeking an opportunity to develop your career, we would love to hear from you!
If you want to find out more about this unique opportunity please contact Tom Richmond on 08 8982 1070 for a confidential discussion.