- Leading Community Services Organisation
- Based in Heidelberg
- Permanent Full time
- Salary packaging, and competitive sector remuneration
At Uniting we are passionate about working together to inspire people, enliven communities and confront injustice.
We are proud to have been part of local communities for over 100 years delivering services across Victoria and Tasmania. With a team of 7,000 skilled and committed individuals we provide over 770 programs and services to people of all ages to learn, thrive and enjoy a healthy, happy life. We’re there for children, families, people with disability, older people and those experiencing homelessness, mental illness or drug and alcohol addiction.
Uniting is looking for great people who, like us, celebrate diversity and welcome everyone regardless of ethnicity, faith, sexual orientation and gender identity.
About the opportunity
Working in our jobactive and Disability Employment Service, we seek a results focused individual who is passionate about working with our job seekers to help them secure ongoing sustainable employment.
Key responsibilities include:
- Deliver employment services to job seekers by assisting them to source sustainable employment
- Identify clear pathways for job seekers to obtain employment through education and other pathways
- Undertaking marketing of job seekers to employers
- Coaching and developing your job seekers to become job ready by supporting them with job search, pre-employment training and workplace expectations
- Providing tailored workplace support to job seekers
- Conduct 1:1 appointments and some group appointments
- Identify jobs for clients and ensure they apply for suitable employment
You can view the full position description here.
In addition to a positive and enthusiastic attitude, you have:
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills
- Professionalism and integrity
- Ability to manage a challenging workload through excellent time management capabilities
- A strong customer service focus with the ability to inspire clients from all walks of life to achieve their employment goals
- A positive focus and strong performance orientation including the ability to meet and exceed key performance indicators
- Be self driven and able to work autonomously
- Strong administrative skills
- Experience dealing with complex individuals and situations