- Morwell Office
- Full Time, 12 month Contract
- Salary range: $65,325 to $70,287
The Caseworker will play an integral role in diverting Aboriginal women from further contact with the criminal justice system, by delivering and coordinating intensive case management to a caseload of up to 15 Aboriginal women.
The caseworker will be responsible for:
- Providing case management support to Aboriginal women in contact with the justice system.
- Developing and managing case plans, undertaking assessments, and referrals.
- Coordinating the delivery of cultural and gender appropriate treatment and support service for Aboriginal women and advocating on their behalf.
- Working collaboratively with Aboriginal and non-Aboriginal service providers and government departments to establish network and referral pathways.
- Contributing to improved justice outcomes by liaising with justice agencies and supporting Aboriginal women in contact with the criminal justice system.
The Victorian Aboriginal Child Care Agency (VACCA) is the largest organization of its kind in Australia. VACCA is an Aboriginal community-controlled organization that supports and advocates for the Aboriginal community. Our strength lies with our people. Our team is committed to the organisation's vision and values; advocates for our children and other vulnerable community members; and shows respect for, observance and compliance with Aboriginal cultural protocols, practice and ceremony. Our Aboriginality is what distinguishes us from mainstream services and what enables us to deliver the positive outcomes we achieve for our people
To be considered for this role you must demonstrate:
- Awareness and appreciation of Aboriginal societies and cultures and an understanding of the issues affecting Aboriginal people in contemporary Australia and the diversity of circumstances of Aboriginal people
- Proven ability to work effectively with the local Aboriginal community.
- Demonstrated understanding of the underlying issues that contribute to Aboriginal women's contact with the justice system.
- Demonstrated knowledge of the service system and resources available to support Aboriginal women in contact with the justice system.
- Demonstrated experience in coordinating and delivering effective advice, support, and services to Aboriginal women
Please note: This is an Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander designated position, classified under Section 12 Special Measures of the Equal Opportunity Act 2010. This employment opportunity is only available to Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.