At Uniting, we believe in taking real steps to make the world a better place. We work to inspire people, enliven communities and confront injustice.
We are bold, imaginative respectful and compassionate.
About the Opportunity:
This role will support the Care and Clinical Governance team in the management and support of Uniting’s Client and Incident (Clinical) management systems and work with stakeholders across Uniting’s programs to improve the quality of service provision to our clients.
You will support the team with data collation and collection, ad-hoc and routine reporting, documentation, communications, insight realisation, analysis to support the business and other activities as required. The role is integral in making sure client and incident data is of the highest quality and the performance of Uniting’s services programs can be regularly and accurately assessed.
This role will be based across 2 locations. Uniting Head Office in the CBD & the North Parramatta Campus which has plenty of off-street parking available.
Work with team and stakeholders to support, improve and strengthen the integrity of Uniting’s management systems and the use of these systems.
Assist Uniting to build capacity to accurately scrutinise processes and information, and undertake problem-solving and analysis activities while developing your skills and knowledge.
Actively contribute to a safe and supportive working environment that is inclusive of all staff celebrating their nationality, cultural background, LGBTI status, abilities, gender, and age.
Equivalent experience or Bachelor qualification in a relevant field, ideally 3+ years within a 1st or 2nd support function, accounting and/or reporting role.
- Proven expertise and drive to review, understand and scrutinise data and information. Ability to create and analyse information in various formats but particularly Microsoft Excel including formulae and pivot tables.
- Strong analytical aptitude and business acumen, eager to build on your expertise in supporting key business systems. Exposure to project methodology and reporting technology.
- You will have excellent written and verbal communication skills, be organised, systematic, thorough, accurate and disciplined. Proven record in developing skills at navigating a complex organisation, forging relationships, and managing through influence.
- Passion for social change and creating an organisation of influence for the most disadvantaged.
- Formal qualifications in Finance, Accounting, IT or relevant field. Exposure to or desire to develop skills in SharePoint, Crystal Reports, MS SQL Server or Power BI.
- Write an email to your director notifying them that the business-critical system you are responsible for has crashed and will be down for 2 hours while the IT department looks into the issue. You don’t know what the problem is but you suspect it is due to a change you made in the system yesterday. Let her know what you have done so far since finding out the system has crashed. Be as creative as you like.
- Write a step by step guide to frying an egg!
- You are given a dataset containing information about a list of people including their; age, weight, height, postcode, state and country of birth. What function/formula would you use to count the number of people who are taller than 1.87 metres, live in NSW and are over the age of 15?
- Explain your educational background and relevant experience to this position. How will they help you contribute positively to the company?
A full Position Description is attached below.