- Based in North Parramatta/Sydney CBD
This is a key role supporting the advancement of Uniting’s mission and impact by delivering on an agenda to value diversity and embrace inclusion. The Diversity & Inclusion Lead will be responsible for contributing to the development of an organisation-wide approach for diversity & inclusion, and implementing this through partnerships within and outside the organisation.
- Articulate and lead initiatives that will create an environment of trust, inclusion and support for Uniting’s people from CALD, LGBTI, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander communities, people with disability and other minority or marginalised groups
- Work closely with the Head of Social and Community Impact to translate business and strategic objectives into targets, tactical plans and action steps
- Liaise with various business units to ensure that diversity and inclusion principles are successfully embedded and in line with business objectives
- Recognise and develop guiding frameworks as well as implementation plans to ensure diversity and inclusion within uniting
- Develop and implement a governance framework to support Uniting’s diversity and inclusion strategy and initiatives
- Establish and facilitate consultative and engagement groups to ensure Uniting implements diversity and inclusion strategies and programs effectively
- Work with HR to support best practice for diversity and inclusion by:
- Ensuring Uniting follows appropriate legislation and employment law regulations around bias and inclusion
- Consolidating, developing and promoting training programmes to enhance employee capability for understanding and ensuring diversity and inclusion agendas
- Identify external trends, researching and recognising best practice
- Review Uniting policies and procedures, ensuring that these are all inclusive
You are an experienced leader with a passion for social change and creating an organisation of influence for the most disadvantaged. Ideally you will have 8 or more years’ management experience, including two or more years’ experience supervising a team of specialists in the area of diversity and inclusion.
Post Graduate and/or Bachelor qualification in a relevant business field or equivalent experience.
- Demonstrated passion for diversity and inclusion with experience leading programs of change and culture building
- Capacity to lead multiple teams and build the capability of others
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated experience in:
- Senior management in government agencies, health, non-government organisations or other large organisations
- Achieving results through social impact initiatives
- Stakeholder management with proven ability to represent and negotiate at executive level
- Working with diverse, large and social-purpose organisations demanding flexibility and high standards of customer focus
- Engaging with government, non-government and community organisations
- The timely preparation and presentation of reports and submissions at executive management and Board level
- Developing and leading complex campaigns and projects
- Influencing with and without line authority
- You have worked in a relevant human services sector
- Post graduate qualifications in a relevant field e.g. MBA
Benefits & culture:
Uniting is proud to be an EEO employer who supports an inclusive approach in the workplace. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, as well as people with a disability, are encouraged to apply.
- Generous Salary packaging benefits ($15,900 tax-free) (visit www.salary.com.au for more information)
- Work-life balance (flexibility to work 4 days/week, flexibility to work between our North Parramatta and Sydney CBD offices)
- Ongoing training and mentoring so you can continue to improve and learn new skills
- Accessible employee assistance program to support your wellbeing
- Career development opportunities to explore pathways within Uniting
A full Position Description is attached below.