At Uniting, we believe in taking real steps to make the world a better place. We work to inspire people, enliven communities and confront injustice.
We are bold, imaginative respectful and compassionate.
About the Opportunity:
This role is responsible to support the Development and Implementation of a Clinical Governance Model and approach, which is a key element in delivering and improving the quality of services to our clients.
Uniting operate across the Ageing and Community services sector (including, but not limited to, Child Protection and Disability) in NSW and apply various Clinical and Practice disciplines/models within our service design and delivery.
This newly created role will support the development and embedding of a Clinical Governance model which will enhance Operational, Clinical and Practice excellence across the organisation.
- Your applied knowledge of Clinical Governance models, which could be acquired from the Aged Care, Health and Community sectors, will assist to develop and implement the Uniting Clinical Governance Framework.
- You will partner specialists across our Service delivery teams to, influence clinical, practice and process improvement activities aligning to the clinical governance framework.
- Provide expertise and advice to ensure and report compliance with Uniting Policies, Procedures and all Legislated Quality Standards assisting with the development content where applicable.
- Detailed knowledge and expertise of the Client and Incident (Clinical) management systems and processes to provide additional oversight and analysis in relation to Clinical, Practice and operational issues.
- Partner and guide stakeholders in undertaking investigations including but not limited to Root Cause Analysis.
- Support and participate in the key functions of the Quality Management System (QMS), assisting to embed and drive continuous improvement activities
- Attend Clinical Governance Working Group and other relevant meetings across the Ageing and Community areas of Clinical and Practice disciplines and embed Uniting Clinical Governance Framework
Bachelor Degree in Nursing or equivalent, and 3+ years clinical experience in a related field.
- Proven experience within a clinical or practice setting within the Health, Ageing or Community sector
- Demonstrated ability to scrutinise and interpret data, develop appropriate responses and provide advice and commentary as required
- Strong analytical and conceptual skills with a systems thinking/process-driven approach to solving complex issues. You will have excellent report writing/written and verbal communication skills, be organised, systematic, thorough, accurate and disciplined.
- Have prior knowledge or understanding of legislative and regulatory environments including compliance and quality standards preferably within a community sector and/or health context.
- Proven record in developing skills at navigating a complex organisation, forging relationships with stakeholders at various levels of an organisation, and managing through influence. Excellent stakeholder engagement skills.
- Some exposure to or qualifications in formal project methodologies (even better if it’s lean) and/or an interest to develop these disciplines.
Uniting is proud to be an EEO employer who supports an inclusive approach in the workplace. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
A full Position Description is attached below.