- You’re a key contact for UNSW alumni volunteering and mentoring
- Work on implementing a university-wide, global, digital mentoring program
- Join a high performing team with a great team culture
- $87,033 - $92,843+ 17% super + leave loading
- Sydney CBD Office, relocating to Kensington in future
Our alumni and supporters are an integral part of the community and give talented students who face disadvantage the opportunity to study at one of Australia’s leading universities, help increase our ability to attract outstanding academics to teach here in Australia, and support research to help provide solutions to the most pressing social issues affecting the globe. Reporting to the Alumni Networks and Services Manager, you’ll explore, plan and deliver meaningful volunteer opportunities, including mentoring opportunities for UNSW Alumni.
What you’ll love about this role:
- An opportunity to contribute and implement the Alumni volunteering and mentoring engagement strategy
- Partnering with faculties across UNSW and engaging in university-wide mentoring programs, from an alumni perspective
- Engage in tracking and reporting using Raisers Edge CRM
- Manage and support alumni volunteers in the Alumni Host Program
- Teamwork – You’ll be running volunteer programs at the faculty level to stay abreast of developments and provide effective support in the form of best-practice templates, training materials, and reporting tools
- The variety of people you engage with. Alumni groups are varied. Key to your success is building ongoing support and participation through volunteering and mentoring activities
- Plan and deliver events and engagement activities that support alumni volunteering.
Philanthropy is critical to the success of the UNSW 2025 Strategy. Beginning with the appointment of a new Vice-President, Philanthropy we are committed to building a world-class development and engagement team that will help advance UNSW’s ambitious goals. Our Alumni and Engagement team encourages alumni and friends to give time, money and expertise in support of these priorities while providing ongoing value to graduates and strengthening the University’s reputation.
About the successful candidate
You can demonstrate your track record of delivering successful alumni or strategic engagement programs including:
- Strong engagement and stakeholder management skills, including demonstrated experience working with and coordinating volunteers
- Highly developed written and verbal communication skills, and excellent attention to detail
- Demonstrated ability to influence and garner support and commitment for projects
- Excellent organisational skills and proven success working with colleagues across multiple teams
- Proven ability to think laterally when dealing with a challenging situation