- Type: Full-Time
- Location: Randwick, NSW (home location) with the expectation to rotate between the Op Shops (Surry Hills, Randwick, Newtown, and Marrickville)
- Remuneration: Social, Community, Home Care & Disability Award 2010 (Level 5) + vehicle + full salary packaging options available
Our Mission is to help disadvantaged young Australian become advantaged. Together, we can continue to make a difference for the next generation of young Australians.
Noffs is seeking an experienced and dynamic leader with a volunteer management background to lead our network of Op Shops. The successful candidate will lead a dedicated team of volunteers and partner them to design and deliver a range of reforms aimed at growth. Naturally a sound understanding of, or a willingness to learn about, retail operations in the community sector would be advantageous.
Our Op Shops have many years of successful operation and your role will include:
- Developing, recognising and leading our network of volunteers across a number of locations,
- Modernising our systems, processes and controls including computerisation,
- Focusing our shops to deliver outstanding value in sync with their local communities needs,
- Enhancing the Noffs brand and mission through improvements to customer service, and
- Delivering improved profitability in a highly competitive market.
You must be prepared to identify, implement and follow through with a strategy, which:
- Gives each shop a point of difference relevant to its locale,
- Expands the network of shops,
- Develops and manages an online presence, and
- Integrates the Shops with the rest of the organisation.
The services delivered by Noffs are funded in part from the proceeds of our Op Shops so your work is meaningful and strategically important. You must be able to translate our mission and values into reality to continue to support our important work.
Essential Selection Criteria
- Demonstrated experience in volunteer management.
- Sound business skills including the ability to develop and report against KPIs.
- Demonstrated high level of communication and interpersonal skills including the ability to successfully liaise, negotiate and maintain effective relationships internally and externally.
- Ability and knowledge to use computer systems including Point Of Sale and Customer Relationship Management Systems.
- Highly developed leadership capacity.
- Successful candidates MUST have a current and valid NSW Working With Children Check prior to commencing employment.
- Current driver's licence and a good driving record.
Desirable Section Criteria
- Demonstrated experience in op shop management in the community sector.
- Ability to develop and leverage partnerships with corporate organisations.
- Sound financial management practice including the ability to develop and report against budgets.
Ted Noffs Foundation is committed to equal employment opportunity and embraces diversity and inclusion within its workforce. As such, people from diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply. This includes, but is not limited to Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander People, People with Disability, Women and People from Culturally and Linguistically Diverse backgrounds.