- Join a genuine client centred organisation
- Make a difference in a vibrant community
- 25 Hours per week to be negotiated with the successful candidate.
Located in the township of Cockatoo, this role is a rare opportunity for an experienced community coordinator to make a difference in a diverse and vibrant community. Cockatoo Neighbourhood House is one of seven neighbourhood houses within Cardinia Shire and will be managed by TaskForce Community Agency. The Neighbourhood House in Cockatoo supports the community by delivering programs and services targeted at the whole community, including employment support, mental health first aid, youth drop-in and pre-accredited training. TaskForce will also broker services at Cockatoo Neighbourhood House, including fitness programs, holiday programs and facilitated social groups for children, young people, parents, and seniors. Programs and services will also cater for locals from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds.
The successful candidate will be someone who can undertake a broad range of community coordination activities including:
- Developing and managing programs and activities that reflect the needs of the Cockatoo Community
- Extensive community engagement
- Supervision of staff and volunteers
- Strategic planning and implementation
- Finance and administration
- Overseeing governance relating to the Neighbourhood House
This role reports to TaskForce’s Manager of Partnerships and Projects.
Key selection criteria include:
- Tertiary Qualifications highly desirable (minimum Diploma in Community Management/Development or other applicable qualification)
- Previous experience of 2 years or more in a similar role
- Proven track record in financial management including preparation and monitoring of budgets, business plans and funding submissions
- Strong understanding of governance requirements and experience working with a community organisation
- High level written and verbal communication skills
- High level computer literacy, MS Office Demonstrated experience in community development including networking, partnering and stakeholder engagement
- Leadership and staff management skills
Why work for us?
TaskForce is a genuine client centred organisation. You will have access to flexible working arrangements, the benefit of salary packaging (up to $16,000 of salary tax free), training and development opportunities and a supportive team culture!
- Client Centred
- Thought Leadership
- Honesty & Integrity
- Trust, Respect & Self Care