The Tasmanian Land Conservancy (TLC) is a for-purpose, environmental organisation that protects nature on private land. Since inception in 2001, we have grown to be one of the largest private landholders in Tasmania, currently employing 20 people. Our annual income of more than $2m is derived from philanthropy, grants and conservation business opportunities and our vision is for Tasmania to be a global leader in nature conservation.
The TLC values diversity and respects people, cultures and communities. We treat each other equally and fairly. Our culture fosters an environment of open and transparent communication where excellence is nurtured, inquiry encouraged and achievements celebrated. We are committed to providing an environment that empowers our staff to participate, learn and thrive.
Working within the business team this is a broad business administration role. The team supports the organisation to achieve its vision in nature conservation, through excellence in business processes and business administration. The main functions of the business coordinator are to provide accounting, financial and administrative support to operations. The position requires duties to be undertaken with limited supervision and requires initiative to balance competing demands to meet designated timeframes. The position is the first point of contact for external enquiries.
- Administer the efficient delivery of organisational accounts to trial balance each month including processing and payment of accounts, invoicing, payment of ATO obligations and bank account reconciliations.
- Prepare the fortnightly payroll for employees, payment of quarterly superannuation contributions and maintenance of employee records.
- Provide financial and administrative support for conservation business activities. Provide Managers with section reports and KPI data and other business management information
- Lead the annual financial audit process with external auditors as well as the internal financial review process.
- Provide assistance to the CEO where needed such as in the preparation of financial reports.
- Administer any project work as directed.
- Process and record the TLC’s annual payment of property rates and taxes.
- Manage documents related to property sales and purchases including contracts and covenants.
- Coordinate staff meetings (minute taking when required), staff training and annual performance review schedules.
- Maintain a register of the TLC’s contractual commitments including service agreements and grants and communicate milestone obligations to the responsible manager.
- Liaise with external service providers such as solicitors, banks, state and commonwealth government agencies
- Manage the provision of general office supplies including consumables, stationery, office equipment and cleaning supplies.
- Assist with the coordination of WHS and housekeeping requirements for all TLC offices.
- Assist with the management of the vehicle fleet.
- Assist in the management and daily operation of the IT infrastructure in conjunction with contracted service providers.
A full Position Description is attached below.