Start your career with The Salvation Army today!
We are looking for compassionate people who share our mission and values, if you have the passion and drive to commit yourself to a challenging and rewarding role; we invite you to review our current vacancies.
The Salvation Army is one of Australia’s largest and most-loved charities, helping thousands of Australians every year find hope in the midst of all kinds of personal hardship. The Salvation Army offers the opportunity to use your professional skills and expertise to make a real difference in the lives of people who need help most.
Leading and managing tasks associated with property development and renewal projects, including the expansion of long term supportive housing for people at risk and/or experiencing homelessness.
About the role
This role is responsible for ensuring all redevelopment and renewal projects within the National Homelessness Agenda are on track and provide day to day development management and process guidance. This role will also need to provide research and specialist advice in relation to acquisitions viability and development of projects.
Other responsibilities include:
- Prepare and present on a range of documentation including but not limited to:
- Property development research;
- Development reviews;
- Feasibility and risk evaluations;
- Due diligence assessments; and
- Progress recommendation reports.
- Consult with the appropriate internal departments on activities associated with property sub divisions, achieving statutory compliance and land title registration, to meet expectations of the agreed development delivery model.
- Consult with the appropriate internal departments regarding implementation and transaction of legally binding agreements associated with all phases of development delivery.
- Assist with assessing planning permit applications and planning scheme amendments, making recommendations, keeping registers of assessments, communicating impact to stakeholders as well as formalising and lodging necessary responses and acting as the TSA representative in any resultant action as required.
- Coordinate tasks for approved projects through the construction phases; and ensure compliance on matters of contract agreement, quality, budget and program, serving as the Homelessness stream project representative as required.
- Identify, mitigate and report project risks, as impacts on the agreed project deliverables or stream operations.
- Monitor, record and report on all project budget elements
- Comply with TSA policies, procedures, delivery guidelines and design standard documents, relating to development, design, tendering and procurement
- Assist to prepare submissions and collate reports for TSA reporting
- Tertiary qualification in Property, Construction, Planning and, or Engineering
- Experience in residential contract administering end to end development projects, preferably in the Not-for-profit sector within the homelessness, community housing space.
- Experience in housing developments or renewals, preferably in the Not-for-profit sector within the homelessness, community housing space.
- Understanding of property development and development delivery processes
- Understanding of residential construction stages and development
- Knowledge off standard contract arrangements used in the development and construction industry, and the legal obligations of parties
- Technical aptitude in areas of domestic building construction
- Demonstrated skills in the planning, development and implementation of homelessness services using a community development framework, including writing project plans, budgeting, evaluations
- Demonstrated understanding of social justice, access and equity, and the ability to identify and respond to community needs.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills including ability to present project details to builders, developers and planners.
- Experience coordinating multiple tasks and projects
- Good understanding of local government planning processes