Start your career with The Salvation Army today!
We are looking for compassionate people who share our mission and values, if you have the passion and drive to commit yourself to a challenging and rewarding role; we invite you to review our current vacancies.
The Salvation Army is one of Australia’s largest and most-loved charities, helping thousands of Australians every year find hope in the midst of all kinds of personal hardship. The Salvation Army offers the opportunity to use your professional skills and expertise to make a real difference in the lives of people who need help most.
The role of the Casual After Hours team is to ensure the safety and well being of all clients and staff outside of business hours. The After Hours team will operate in keeping with the Case Management Plan for each client and the policies and procedures of The Salvation Army. Working along side another after hours staff member you provide support, lifestyle activities, whilst ensuring the mission and values of the Salvation Army are up held. Understands and implements appropriate procedures and strategies to deal with crisis situations Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of the impacts of addiction upon individuals, couples, families and wider communities Ability to understand and respond to the needs of individuals experiencing Alcohol and Other Drugs issues.
About the role:
Centre is maintained to a high level of cleanliness and tidiness; this includes common and administration areas:
- Respond to emergency situations in accordance to Centre Emergency procedures
- Security and safety of the residents, staff and Sunrise site is maintained
- Work health and safety risks to clients, staff and The Salvation Army are identified and bought to the attention of the Team Leader as soon as possible
- Centre guidelines, policies and procedures are adhered to at all times, and any breaches are reported to Manager immediately
- Clients are alcohol tested on re-entry to the centre and any positive results are reported to the relevant Case Manager within 24 hours
- Clients are assisted with medication in accordance with policy and client medication plans
- Effective relationships are established with clients
- Clients are assisted to access support services and establish community supports, and where needed are assisted through advocacy with service providers so that their holistic needs are effectively addressed
- Continuity of client care, progress and outcomes of case plans are monitored and clearly communicated to relevant staff for handover
- Accurate, up to date client records and data is maintained including administrative requirements in accordance with The Salvation Army standards and procedures via use The Salvation Army information systems
- Service gaps are identified and recommendations for service delivery improvements are made to the Manager
- On Call worker is contacted for guidance and instruction in accordance with the Sunrise Centre On Call policy determination and participation and support them to improve their situation
- Certificate III qualification in community services, youth work, Alcohol & Other Drugs, mental health or related field and relevant experience
- Self Administer Medication Certificate
- Knowledge in Data Entry Systems
- A current and valid First Aid Certificate
- A national police record check is required
- Working With Children Clearance
- Able to work weekends, after hours and sleep over shifts as required