Start your career with The Salvation Army today!
We are looking for compassionate people who share our mission and values, if you have the passion and drive to commit yourself to a challenging and rewarding role; we invite you to review our current vacancies.
The Salvation Army is one of Australia’s largest and most-loved charities, helping thousands of Australians every year find hope in the midst of all kinds of personal hardship. The Salvation Army offers the opportunity to use your professional skills and expertise to make a real difference in the lives of people who need help most.
Responsible for the provision of efficient and effective administration tasks for the Homelessness and Alcohol and Other Drugs teams.
- Conduct general office administration tasks and clerical activities including processing correspondence, filing (electronic and hard copy), data entry, SAMIS data reporting and meeting support tasks
- Demonstrate commitment to an environment that values continuous improvement and innovation in the delivery of high quality services
- In line with agreed delegation make decisions consistent with the priorities of the Homelessness / Alcohol and Other Drugs teams
- Ensure the provision of prompt and efficient internal and external stakeholder service
- Provide support and input to the maintenance of Accreditation and continuous quality improvement
- Participates in team activities and demonstrates a supportive approach to other staff members which contributes to the overall team effectiveness
- Ability to work with a delegated level of autonomy
- Knowledge of the the Community Services and / or Homelessness and / or Alcohol and Other Drugs sectors
- A national police record check is required
- Self-motivated, high level of initiative and strong work ethic
- Sound presentation and communication skills (both oral and written) to be able to interact positively with a variety of organisations and people
- Ability to prioritise tasks and manage time effectively
- Customer service focused
- High level of computer literacy in MS Office and ability to use computerised client file systems and databases
- High level of attention to detail
- Current Driver's licence
The Salvation Army is an Equal Opportunity Employer who provides an inclusive work environment and embraces the diverse talent of its people.
The Salvation Army is a child safe organisation that is committed to ensuring the wellbeing of children and young people, and protecting them from harm. All child facing roles will require the successful completion of a Working with Children Check. Applicants for all other roles require a mandatory National Police Check.
We value Integrity, Compassion, Respect, Diversity, and Collaboration.